Tony Whalley (k2ant)

k2ant

Hi My name is Tony Whalley age 62 and I`ve been married to Rosemary for 40 years. We have two daughters a son and 5 grandchildren.

I don`t have a military vehicle at present but if you go on the Austin k30 k2 k3 forum you will see that I did have a K2 for a number of years.

At present I am a member of the MVT Manchester area.

Although I`m interested in military transport of all types I`m most interested in British wwll soft skinned transport.

Hi Tony

How good to hear a name from the past.

I spent many happy hours at the Gateway pub in manchester at the MVCG Meetings in the early 80's when you first bought the K2, I was only a kid then and my father used to have to do the driving! Now I have to do it myself for my kids..

Hope your well, at least the interest in MV's is a constant!

kind regards

nick

Hi All & Andy.

Just great, all the old gang. MVCG and Gateway pub, another blast from the past. I remember on the monthly meet nights when we had to share the upstairs pub rooms with Barber shop singers on their practice night and you could have of them practicing in the gents when you went to spend a penny, There`s an old mill by the stream, etc ( good acoustics in a small room) I have put some shots on the Austin k30 k2 k3 thread.

Tony

I`ve got a Bedford OY MW front pannel in my shed, its for sale!!

• 2 weeks later...

hi tony. welcome. long time no see. i remember the gateway pub too. we had some characters there didnt we. some like yourself still around, some like a.k. [ THE jeep man ] and dennis sadly no longer with us. i still have newspaper cuttings of your k2 at the school show. enjoy this forum, its good, so much to look at. mike