Kemble MVT 2009

I look forward to seeing you at both Clive I'm only going as a day tripper I'm afraid ! :-D

Shorland at Kemble & Pig at GDSF. I get more interest in the Shorland as it is overtly something different, but the Pig is generally dismissed as just another Pig - which it ain't!

"Just another Pig" ! Clive I'm deeply shocked ! :-D

Well if you look on this link you will see someone thinks mine is between a Mk 1 & a Mk 2, which it ain't! Many errors throughout the whole page eg used by RUC in "late 1960s" is 1958 late 1960s?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humber_Pig

I followed the link on the Shorland & surprise, surprise my Shorland is there! At least it is captioned correctly, but there are a number of myths perpetuated in the text.

BTW I never did manage to get a picture of your Pig, nice to see a sensible Pig. That must me worth a cold one if you call on me at either show!

PS On the Pig page I followed the link to the Humber Hornet, again full of drivel. It makes me sceptical of believing anything I read on these sort of web sites, pathetic. I must go off line & calm down!

Edited by fv1609

Well if you look on this link you will see someone thinks mine is between a Mk 1 & a Mk 2, which it ain't! Many errors throughout the whole page eg used by RUC in "late 1960s" is 1958 late 1960s?

I followed the link on the Shorland & surprise, surprise my Shorland is there! At least it is captioned correctly, but there are a number of myths perpetuated in the text.

BTW I never did manage to get a picture of your Pig, nice to see a sensible Pig. That must me worth a cold one if you call on me at either show!

PS On the Pig page I followed the link to the Humber Hornet, again full of drivel. It makes me sceptical of believing anything I read on these sort of web sites, pathetic. I must go off line & calm down!

Why don't you edit & correct the mistakes then Clive.. http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Humber_Pig&action=edit

Saw your Shorland at War and Peace Clive, it looks marvellous!

Oh stop it you are awful! Curiously the Lightweights next to me had perhaps more interest. I think because people used to drive one, would to drive one & perhaps own one.

Whereas many people have never seen a Shorland & in many people's eyes is perceived as "home-made" which it ain't!

BTW the Shorland & the Pig are the oldest surviving examples of both species.

It is annoying that a so called Fact file is not exactly that Clive ! I'll see you at the shows Beer tent mate !

Why don't you edit & correct the mistakes then Clive.. http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Humber_Pig&action=edit

Trouble is surely someone can come on & edit me? or can one apply to have it locked? Perhaps only some things might get changed & then the leave a mixture of truth & nonsense which might make it all more believable?

I would prefer to put info into something I have control over. But all this takes time as you will see from the slow progress for me to get stuff on here. I am grateful for the skill & forbearance of the webmaster Pat in the USA in getting it set up. But I hope it will be a reliable place to visit. Maybe a Humber one later?

http://www.shorlandsite.com/

I'll see you at the shows Beer tent mate

Or one like this? It ain't for beer though, this is for serious fun & a lot nearer the MVs! The bales of bar furniture are quite versatile, you can fall over without hurting yourself!

Perhaps everyone will want one now, maybe a market for Jack there?

DSCF4900.jpg

Edited by fv1609

I'll be at MVT Kemble,

Planning to take the Abbot, Land Rover (84KB11) and ex. RAF Daimler XJ6.

Taking the Daimler as a bit of fun, looking forward to the "thats not a military vehicle, its not green" comments!

I'll be at MVT Kemble,

Planning to take the Abbot, Land Rover (84KB11) and ex. RAF Daimler XJ6.

Taking the Daimler as a bit of fun, looking forward to the "thats not a military vehicle, its not green" comments!

Looking forward to seeing the Daimler mate ! :-D

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Giving Kemble a miss this year,only realy went for the champ camp,which isnt on.Find it a bit boring,windy,and the stalls never quite live up to the promise.If it loses money this year thats it,see you all at Evesham instead:cool2:

I look forward to seeing you at both Clive I'm only going as a day tripper I'm afraid ! :-D

Can you pick us up on the way through.:-D

! the Shorland & the Pig are the oldest surviving examples of both species.

Your pritty unique yourself Clive.Remember what your professer said about the world not being ready for you yet.Have fun mate but take it easy rushing from place to place in those old dinasours:sweat:Dont forget to pump the brakes,hold the gear in 3rd now which vehicle is that.Take it easy.:-D

Giving Kemble a miss this year,only realy went for the champ camp,which isnt on.Find it a bit boring,windy,and the stalls never quite live up to the promise.If it loses money this year thats it,see you all at Evesham instead:cool2:

Look here and just who do you find a bit boring & windy?

No Champ Camp! well I'm not going to avoid a show because there is no Shorland Camp, so that'll mean no Champs at all then if you lot only come out if you can all stick together?

Evesham? What the Evesham this weekend or the one at the end of the season? I'm going to the one this weekend but only with Wolf, I suppose I'll have to put up with the "Is it a real Wolf or a repro?" But better than "Is it home made?" or "Does it float?"

The Evesham thats gone mate ,next years Kemble i reckon.Just think all that money saved on fencing etc out of the funds ,none needed.Its only you and the camp that kept me amused really Clive,its done to death.I wonder how many times the 2 cv gets mentioned in the arena.:-D

• 4 weeks later...

Went to Kemble M.V.T. show today (sunday), as usual there was a good variety of vehicles to see.

unfortunately changing the dates didn't seem to help with the weather as it was cold and windy. there didn't seem to be as many vehicles this year as i have seen in previous years not much armour on view but this is probably down to the cost of transport and the general state of the economy.

still a good show and worth the visit, a quick thanks to vehicle exhibitors in these hard economic times for taking the time and expence of turning up at shows like this.