How Many casualties

Topdog

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Walter Mitty

The only thing i can fault the NLBA is on there choice of the Elvis impersonator, Worst one i've heard in years!!

We were put out to graze in the furthest and emptiest field - and apart from the Dutch army truck which came around like a disco on wheels in the wee hours of the final Sunday Morning (good music though guy`s), the location was deadly quiet both during the days and evenings - thoroughly recommended for the light sleepers (and families) .

Cheers,

Steve

Just to put things in perspective, a little comparison.

This weekend is the Reading Festival. The town is full of teenagers, mostly buying Burgers and Lager. According to the local on Radio Friday, there have been 40 reported crimes to the Police, and 18 arrests mostly for drug dealing - and this was Before the event had started. Last night (the first night of the Festival) I could hear the noise at my house - I live 4 Miles from the site.

The NLBA has changed in the last couple of years with a new commitee and a new agenda, yes we are all a bit older and we have several new members however we still like to enjoy ourselves. I am the first to admit there were problems in the past and we have on the whole sorted out the club. We are very approachable if there are any issues or concerns with the behaviour of our members,the trouble is mud sticks and it is hard to shake off the old image of the North London Barmy Army.

I am pleased to read this input. I'd be the first to admit I've regularly heard scary stories and have only ever had one conversation with a member of NLBA in years of attending events and this was entirely cordial. I got a lecture off one for "speeding" on site this year which was appropriate. I suppose it's all about finding a balance between yarns and reality. But the NLBA do have, for the want of a better word something of an aura like pirates for want of an analogy. At the end of the day we are meant to be having fun at events, with or without Elvis. To each his own - and long may it be so. I wish there had been a NLBA when I was growing up in Stoke Newington and Edmonton. I was ideally placed.

Oh well!

I haven't got the knees for it now!

MB

Just to put things in perspective, a little comparison.

This weekend is the Reading Festival. The town is full of teenagers, mostly buying Burgers and Lager. According to the local on Radio Friday, there have been 40 reported crimes to the Police, and 18 arrests mostly for drug dealing - and this was Before the event had started. Last night (the first night of the Festival) I could hear the noise at my house - I live 4 Miles from the site.

Just checked after the event last weekend. Reading Festival, a Music event, had 61 arrests and 279 reported crimes - and the Police were happy because the numbers were down on last year! How many arrests were there at W&P this year?