How Many casualties

Topdog

I wonder how many casualties there were at W+P. I could not believe how bovinely stupid people are when they stare at you and wander right across the path of a moving AFV. I certainly heard the meat waggons a few times.

As for the little ***** on his push bike who cut across the front of the Ferret while screaming 'you should give way to me ****. Part of me wishes that I had not bothered to brake - it was very very close.

Great show all in all. Sold me Ferret wheels (spare ones, before you comment) and bought a luvverly cut away .455 colt .

Edited by Marmite!!
Language

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear a rumour some one had been found drowned in the stream by the area, supposedly fell in the previous night. Hope its just a rumour.

I had a couple of very young girls on a quad bike cut across in front of me from the right when I was turning left, they were turning into the track I was leaving and there was only a couple of feet in it! :shake: What were their parents thinking of?

I hear a rumour some one had been found drowned in the stream by the area, supposedly fell in the previous night. Hope its just a rumour.

A young lad did drown some years ago in the Medway while canoeing in WW2 kit I believe..

Slipped a disc on Friday, and spent the rest of the show in agony ! Still the paramedics were great (including their very loud siren) and, the pain killers were VERY strong :shake:

Some idiots on quads nearly hit my kubel when they failed to slow-down in time - why is it no-one seems to enfoce the speed limits ?

Cheers

Steve

Why don't they just bring the police in, chuck them and their parents in chokey for a few hours, crush the vehicles and put 'em up in front of the beak, After a few people had been made examples of the problem would quickly cease.

I wonder how many casualties there were at W+P. I could not believe how bovinely stupid people are when they stare at you and wander right across the path of a moving AFV. I certainly heard the meat waggons a few times.

As for the little ***** on his push bike who cut across the front of the Ferret while screaming 'you should give way to me ****. Part of me wishes that I had not bothered to brake - it was very very close.

Great show all in all. Sold me Ferret wheels (spare ones, before you comment) and bought a luvverly cut away .455 colt .

I took a shot to the face from someone in a ferret in the arena.:D:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Why don't they just bring the police in, chuck them and their parents in chokey for a few hours, crush the vehicles and put 'em up in front of the beak, After a few people had been made examples of the problem would quickly cease.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Brilliant will second that.Lost track of the amount of near misses.the two girls nearly ended up under the L/R in the pub car park.

Someone fell out of the back of a Reo at 3am in the morning whilst being driven flat out round the americas field,drunk.You wouldnt be surprised if i told you whot group they were with.they caused trouble last year and were banned,:rofl:

Three established dealers i know have said they wont return,several older

visitors have finally thrown in the towel.The locals are lodging complaints to the enviroment agency about the amount of faecies along the tow path and the woods.One arms dealer i know had his stall cut open one night but he repacks his van every night.The good news is the reo man was hospitalised.:yay:This is the Madness of Beltring.I returned because of the Forum but i cant do another year in the americas field.and that efin helicoptor,sorry mark no MM for me.If the display aircraft cant overfly the public how the >>>> can the helicoptor any body got an angle on this?cw.

that efin helicoptor,sorry mark no MM for me.If the display aircraft cant overfly the public how the >>>> can the helicoptor any body got an angle on this?cw.

I overheard a couple of aeronauticaly knowledgeable types saying that because one of the types there had twin engines it was safer so OK to overfly the crowd.........:shocked:

Oh yes and there where a couple of uniformed types letting their small kid practice with his new BB gun in the bit by the bridge to Americas, he was shooting towards the back of the burger bar

Edited by gritineye

I overheard a couple of aeronauticaly knowledgeable types saying that because one of the types there had twin engines it was safer so OK to overfly the crowd.........:shocked:

I might ask the CAA .:-D

Not to mention the 'dustbin skittles' that somone was playing on sat night/ sun morning among the stalls... many bins (45 gallon drums) crushed and contents scattered all over the F**kin place... dunno what hit them but it was big

Not to mention the 'dustbin skittles' that somone was playing on sat night/ sun morning among the stalls... many bins (45 gallon drums) crushed and contents scattered all over the F**kin place... dunno what hit them but it was big

It was the REO,he should be up in court for dangerous driving 3 yr ban he was after all on the public highway,drink driving as well.Where was the security,oops silly me he was part of the group policing the site.Bet he is back next year.

It was the REO,he should be up in court for dangerous driving 3 yr ban he was after all on the public highway,drink driving as well.Where was the security,oops silly me he was part of the group policing the site.Bet he is back next year.

It wasn't the Reo. he didn't get past the bridge, that parked up in Monktons & stayed there until the morning...

Its supposed to be military so arrest, court martial, guilty verdict known in advance,march 'em out , firing squad and burial detail, nice and tidy, all done in 10 mins:rofl:

To me, there need to be "secutity teams" (call it what you want) 24/24 which can be called in to deal with druk driving, stupid driving, BB guns,.........

Everything goes loose once the public is out.

You not only have an organisation for the opening hours, you also have to organise the event for everyone who is on site the other hours. You can't think that a group of a couple of thousand people will control itself, certainly not when heavy vehicles, beer, etc is involved.

Maybe that could be the point also for the other items (facilities): when organising, you also have to focus on the "participants".

Oh yes and there where a couple of uniformed types letting their small kid practice with his new BB gun in the bit by the bridge to Americas, he was shooting towards the back of the burger bar

I only saw one type flying that was doing the pleasure flights. And that was the Bell Jet Ranger. Which only has one engine. I saw an older petrol powered Bell fly in on the saturday evening. That only has one engine as well.

I hear a rumour some one had been found drowned in the stream by the area,

There was a reported drowning on the sunday, luckily it was a false alarm. The gent had lost his wife who was walking their dog along the stream, in a panic to find her thought the gaps in the weeds where kids had been throwing logs in looked like she had fell in.

I only saw one type flying that was doing the pleasure flights. And that was the Bell Jet Ranger. Which only has one engine. I saw an older petrol powered Bell fly in on the saturday evening. That only has one engine as well.

The little heli on Sat evening is from a friend of ours.

They basically HAVE to come in over the people!!

Why?

If the engine fails it has to auto-rotate (glide) against the wind for safe landing, the wind comes from the heli field towards the arena so they need to overfly the vehicles and such.

If they would come in with the wind (it was windy!!) and the engine cuts out they either crash into the parked vehicles or have to decide to kill themselves by "stopping" mid-air...

On topic.

While a Jeep and quad (kids in it) were waiting before the stoplight to the Americas field the quad decided to pass the Jeep. They took the turn to close and hit the stationary jeep on the corner.

Keep in mind they were both standing still a second before!!

Morons...:rofl:

Edited by Enigma

There must have been far more casualties that ambulance was non stop! and always seemed to be heading into americas field.word at the farm was americas was as bad as south central LA.

I even got involved in a drive by whilst out in the 5 o I was ambushed by the Barmy Army with super soakers!

I thought this years W & P was all war and definitely no peace - certainly not at night, with those people setting up their very own night clubs next to the Arlon Highway, which pumped out noise till around 4.30AM on Sunday Morning!! Tuff Sh** if you had kids or needed your sleep to drive home to Scotland on Sunday!

I also heard gun fire around 3 AM in the woods near the Americas Field.

It makes me sound like an old grump complaining. I'm all in favour of a bit of fun but once it goes on after 12.30 AM its too much.

Edited by LarryH57

I thought this years W & P was all war and definitely no peace - certainly not at night, with those people setting up their very own night clubs next to the Arlon Highway, which pumped out noise till around 4.30AM on Sunday Morning!! Tuff Sh** if you had kids or needed your sleep to drive home to Scotland on Sunday!

I also hear gun fire around 3 AM in the woods near the Americas Field.

It makes me sound like an old grump complaining. I'm all in favour of a bit of fun but once it goes on after 12.30 AM its too much.

We were next to that party. Seeing as it was the last night,we joined them.

why?

If the engine fails it has to auto-rotate (glide) against the wind for safe landing, the wind comes from the heli field towards the arena so they need to overfly the vehicles and such.

that explains why they need to land into the wind,but are they allowed to overfly people at shows every 4 mins.

Display flying and pleasure flights are two different things.

Crowd overflight is allowed in the course of taking off and landing. As the operator would need an AOC, the site would be approved for use.

Turbine helicopters are noisy though.....!