Iveco Ambulance

gritineye

Very nice :cool2:

A chap called Nigel has one - he took it to Mogstock and Mogstock2. Nigel's machine is kitted-out inside (and out) as an expedition vehicle. I know that might upset a few people on here, the thought of all that medical gubbins being discarded, but it is a lovely piece of kit. Looks good too. Nigel had taken his Iveco across the desert in Morocco last time we met, pretty cool stuff. It didn't look out of place among all the Mogs either ;)

Pictures here:

http://heidilandrover.webeden.co.uk/#/mogstock2/4529625294

Gareth

Nice motor.......... and it would make a great mobile workshop if the headroom is sufficient.

Wouldn't want all the medical stuff......... I'm a bit too old for playing doctors... :-D

VANDAL!!!:argh: If you want a tin tent go buy a caravan! Gorgeous vehicle fully kitted, oh I wish/

VANDAL!!!:argh: If you want a tin tent go buy a caravan! Gorgeous vehicle fully kitted, oh I wish/

I think you are being very harsh, it's not as if it is an old rare vehicle and the owner is entitled to do with it as he wishes.

Nice motor.......... and it would make a great mobile workshop if the headroom is sufficient.

Wouldn't want all the medical stuff......... I'm a bit too old for playing doctors... :-D

You're never too old to play doctors and nurses. Ask Hattie...

000999_nurse1.jpg

I think this was built for the germans, or dutch army, as the night-light white cross on the back is only on these vehicles, never seen em on other army ones.... and it was built to do the duty either in britain for an embassy or for a base like malta, cypress sardinien, or somwhere in the Mediterranean Sea!

do i come close to it?

cheers bastian

Very nice :cool2:

A chap called Nigel has one - he took it to Mogstock and Mogstock2. Nigel's machine is kitted-out inside (and out) as an expedition vehicle. I know that might upset a few people on here, the thought of all that medical gubbins being discarded, but it is a lovely piece of kit. Looks good too. Nigel had taken his Iveco across the desert in Morocco last time we met, pretty cool stuff. It didn't look out of place among all the Mogs either ;)

Pictures here:

http://heidilandrover.webeden.co.uk/#/mogstock2/4529625294

Gareth

This was our plan too, :-(

Are you sure? see below

Well then I'm a vandal too, took it all out, but I still have the hydraulics to raise an lower the top stretchers in a clever parallelogram sort of fashion.

I think you are being very harsh, it's not as if it is an old rare vehicle and the owner is entitled to do with it as he wishes.

Quite right Degsy, it was about 6 months old around 6,000 miles

You're never too old to play doctors and nurses. Ask Hattie...

000999_nurse1.jpg

:shake::shake::shake::shake:

Yes , but, if people go tearing the interior out it will become rareer! :-D

Was already a bit rare, not noticed the right hand drive? And the non military seat?

Old proverb......He who pays the piper calls the tune.

Again quite right, Paid around £12,000 ish. Cost you lot around £60,000 when new!

I think this was built for the germans, or dutch army, as the night-light white cross on the back is only on these vehicles, never seen em on other army ones.... and it was built to do the duty either in britain for an embassy or for a base like malta, cypress sardinien, or somewhere in the Mediterranean Sea!

do i come close to it?

cheers bastian

You are on the right track there Bastion, built to nearly do duty in Britain.

Come on you lot who knows it's history, where's CW got too, he will know!

Edited by gritineye
extra zero in the paid price, just noticed..

HMMMMMMM... now it gets hard....

The seat i recognized, but i never been in any of these vehicles, so i thought fiat/iveco only do 2 models - the right seat, and the left seat.... :-) okokok - its not a panda 4x4...

but am i right with the white cross, or have u dismounted it from your iltis and put it onto the iveco? british army veh. always have a white painted axle but never this cross, right?

but if the cross is original, it has to be an original mil.veh........

now i know!:

If the Dutch Queen Beatrix wants to visit your Queen Mom this vehicle always comes with the normal limos, just in case the steak and kidney pudding she eaten was not proper, and it was parked on the british side of the tunnel wating for the visit..... RIGHT???????

- and with the price - you are kiddin!

I give u twice the money and by next weekend i gonna make a journey over the channel and ring on your door!

DEAL?! :-)

I AM SERIOUS!

and i dont belive u sold it!!!! you still got it! You are only trying to raise the price.....

SO - Quest done?

:-) bastian

I passed Ashchurch the other day and spotted a load of trucks with these white crosses with convoy light in the centre (exactly the same as on the Iveco), so the british army do use them.

A friend had one of these ambulances, and I am sure the convoy cross had an NSN, but cannot remember what country code it was. It had a hella type plug on the end of the light lead it that helps!

I am sure the convoy cross had an NSN, but cannot remember what country code it was. It had a hella type plug on the end of the light lead it that helps!

Yep: my Dutch Laro has one and my Belgian Mog also. There is a corresponding Hella socket on the underneath of each vehicle. When not needed there's stowage space for it behind the passenger seat on Heidi.

Were'nt these Iveco ambulances trialled by the UK military, against the Land Rover 130 ? (and Land Rover won the contract) :confused:

Quite right Richard, it is one of 6 evaluation builds, They didn't fair too well, from what I remember only one was reckoned to have survived unscathed, one had a bent chassis (a downwards kink just behind the cab) one had transmission problems, one was robbed to repair the others, mine seemed Ok but the starter motor packed up due to being full of wet sand, replaced from the donor. After I sold it I heard the transfer box chains and sprockets gave up and had to be replaced (£300 + in parts) most had worn out tyres and I had to haggle for a good set off the donor.

http://www.lrm.co.uk/Archive%20Index/Military/Singin%27%20the%20Blues/singintheblues.html

The ambiance :rofl:inside was well suited to a camper and I still regret selling it but, but as my wife would have had to use it for work sometimes visiting and running clients about, (she works in a solicitors office), it was sold to finance a more conventional camper van.