Launched - The HMVF Once More Onto The Beach campaign..

Jack

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if any MVT Area Secs. are reading this they could put it to the CoM. to ask each area to donate £400 that would be a whole coach load of Vets that could pay one last visit... after all they are supposed to be a Charity.... same goes for Imps... Just a thought... maybe if enough members contact them too they would take the idea onboard...

MVT simon.bromley@talktalk.net

IMPS chairman@imps.org.uk

How special is this place then? Is something I often ask myself - well I think I can now answer that. Please take a look at the front page for the latest total. I say latest because we ain't seen nothing yet, we can and we will do a lot more.

Speaking with the NVA on Friday it is safe to say that we have touched many hearts within the association. And to be honest it has touched me too. I have been closed to tears when the donations come in, for many reasons. People have sent money at a time when people can't afford it and when people have massive demands of young families, all of this is very humbling. We even had £4.80 donated from a 9 year old girl and said that it was the last of her birthday money - you can't really ask for more than that.

We set out to raise £4000 in five months - we broke though that in less than seven days...There could be a couple of reasons for this

1. I completely under estimated what we could achieve
  2. Members of HMVF have a massive amount of respect for our veterans and our fallen men.

The generosity from everyone here just goes to show what can be done with a bit of energy, a bit a vision and more importantly decent people. People have sent money from the sale of the vehicle, people have had banners made at they own expense and stood and rattled the donations tins. Bodge Deeps banner has certainly set the tone and people have understood its message and we have had good wishes sent from around the world because of it.

So where do we go from here? Well that is up to us all so here is a question for you – where do you want it to go from here??

Should we raise our game and set the new target for 20 veterans? Give me your thoughts and we will get on with it but it will need further commitment from all of us, are you ready for that?

We have a couple of things that we have up our sleeve and it is something that Snapper is working on. I will leave it up to him to tell us all as I may be putting the cart before the horse – what I can say is that it may call for a photo shoot for a newspaper based in London somewhere. Through the NVA we are linking up with a professional PR company so we can work the whole of the media throughout the land.

The Bunker Bash have adopted the campaign as their charity for 2009 – when these guys get their teeth into something, stuff gets done. I had a call from someone on Friday with regards to a well known event and they have completely ripped up their plans for next year and have started rewriting the event…all in aid of the HMVF campaign. Christ it just gets better and better and it all goes back to what I said earlier look what can be achieved with a bit of energy, a bit a vision and more importantly decent people.

We are working with a well known gentleman in the re-enacting world. He made contact after seeing the appeal on forums throughout the country and offered his help in any shape or form. He is going to head up the re-enacting hobby for us and his group alone has over 300 members. I have yet to talk with the magazines editors of our hobby but I am sure they would be more than happy to give this some column inches in the magazines over the next five months – John are you listening?!

I know that we are in tough times but we really can be proud of ourselves here - these men aren't just human beings, they aren't just normal vets, they are our brothers, our fathers, our grandfathers and our hero’s - these men are Normandy Veterans.

Lets work the hell out of this campaign and look these men in the eye, with pride in ours. Once More Onto The Beach.

Bloody brilliant!

Well done to all concerned and all who have donated so far.

Shift up a gear and ram on, I say! Its not as if we could raise too much for the NVA... they need support and we (HMVF) are in the great position of being able to provide some of it... We'll never be able to thank these men enough and too many we'll never be able to thank at all

The most we can do... is the very least we should be doing...

...if you know what i mean?

I am speechless...................the genorosity of the people on this forum is sensational. Each and everyone of us should give ourselves a well earned pat on the back :tup::

Move them goal posts Jacky boy! :-D

fantastic work Lee - we need to keep the momentum going, we seemed to of dropped off in donations since we hit our target - a week ago. So any help at all, is perfect.

Everything counts.

Harry make sure you do more than your dad - again :whistle:

Hey folks,

I have obtained permission to collect funds for the campaign in our offices in the UK and France so I will be plagiarising the explanation on the front page to make some explanatory signs. I also have permission to advertise on the internal E-newsletter - I'll keep you up to date on progress....

fantastic work Lee - we need to keep the momentum going, we seemed to of dropped off in donations since we hit our target - a week ago. So any help at all, is perfect.

Everything counts.

Harry make sure you do more than your dad - again :whistle:

Could be because the front page says 10 as the target figure still mate - people reading it will think we've finished as we've met that figure. You need to move the goal post figure there ASAP.

Also - the case studies are still missing from the information page - they also need to be added as soon as!!!

Hey folks,

I have obtained permission to collect funds for the campaign in our offices in the UK and France so I will be plagiarising the explanation on the front page to make some explanatory signs. I also have permission to advertise on the internal E-newsletter - I'll keep you up to date on progress....

Well done mate :tup::