GS Wagon 1915

Horse Transport

MK X or MKX1 sticky this one ! as both introduced in 1905 at a cost of £60, i believe they were all tagged as MKX , grounded on ive never seen a mkx1 tag and the original (copy) of manufactures detailed drawing i have shows clearly pros/bronze dust caps but dated 1915 and marked war office Drawing, wagon ,general service mkx, i know there is earlier one in private ownership without dust caps, i guess the naves or the wheels may have been upgraded during service on most wagons !

Hi Tony, believe i have secured 2 sets of 1912 GS harness, will be good to see you again at Detling, wagon will be there too !

Working unfortuantley for detling. Fred chandler up at Marlbourough had the pattern set at one time. Don't know if the firm is still going. I've another saddle as well with girth.

MK X or MKX1 sticky this one ! as both introduced in 1905 at a cost of £60, i believe they were all tagged as MKX , grounded on ive never seen a mkx1 tag and the original (copy) of manufactures detailed drawing i have shows clearly pros/bronze dust caps but dated 1915 and marked war office Drawing, wagon ,general service mkx, i know there is earlier one in private ownership without dust caps, i guess the naves or the wheels may have been upgraded during service on most wagons !

Where there any signs of leather dust excluders on the axletrees, which would be the other clue to an upgrade to Mark X*. I imagine that it has this if the dust caps were fitted?

• 2 years later...