Bodge's Busy Weekend

Jessie The Jeep

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was just fire trucks that had their wheels painted in quarters???

I think in time, Bodge-Lightyear will add windows to the front of the opening flaps to give more light inside when the sides are up, and also windows in the rear doors ( that aren't fitted in the picture ).

Lots of tinkering to do yet, but the basic hard work is done. It was quite comical while we were doing the woodwork. Rupert would pick up a pencil or ruler, I'd just glance across, and he'd put it down thinking he was doing something wrong!! Hmmm, much to learn the young jedi still has!!

Steve

Yes ... .....don't let him swan off halfway through leaving all the hard bit to me!!! ;)

You had 20 hours hard graft over the only free weekend I had this summer! plus you had 24 hour online or telephone support if needed :readbook:

I know you need constant supervision, but there's a limit on my time you know. If you moved to a more sensible part of the country ( down my street ), you could have constant support and guidance.

Did you have any pictures to go by while making the Dodge or was it all guesswork?

Bodge's original 'want', was a proper flying control caravan, or a chassis that a caravan could be built on. For various reasons including storage, this wasn't going to be practical. After our display at the Wheels & Wings show at Elvington, I sent him a photoshopped image of his truck with a body on the back with an observation blister. The design we built isn't copied off an original truck, but we have seen other wartime pictures of trucks of various makes, converted to F/C vehicles, so there was no logical reason why the Dodge couldn't be converted. So inspiration came from original vehicles, 'though it isn't a direct copy.

Steve

Edited by Jessie The Jeep

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...