Scammell Explorer Gallery

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i was told she was a bad egg and there are two adverts in the military mag for explorers wanted ,cash waiting jobs and they have not been near it . weather its down to the beast loacation or asking price . i need to see her realy but its a mission just to do that but ime working on it .

dont get me wrong I WANT ONE just the moon and stars have bee right and my parants on holiday:-\

Edited by younggun

dont get me wrong I WANT ONE just the moon and stars have bee rite and my parants on holiday:-\

If only I'd had your attitude when I was your age :-D

Keep looking, a good one will turn up for you - you've missed a real gem with radiomike's old one by a week or so, don't think many of these buyers you mentioned went to look at that one either :???

Could you put me right ? I keep going over the last few posts on here and if I have understood what is being said correctly then I have completely got the wrong end of the stick regarding how people end up with old lorries. Surely, just like cats and very beautiful women, old Scammells choose who will have the privilege of looking after them. As you know, old lorries have a very complex transdimensional spiritual life of their own and until the right person comes along they WILL just sit and wait. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with a lorry that's sitting and waiting, it just means that it's being fussy and has yet to find anyone who meets fully with it's approval.

Could you put me right ? I keep going over the last few posts on here and if I have understood what is being said correctly then I have completely got the wrong end of the stick regarding how people end up with old lorries. Surely, just like cats and very beautiful women, old Scammells choose who will have the privilege of looking after them. As you know, old lorries have a very complex transdimensional spiritual life of their own and until the right person comes along they WILL just sit and wait. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with a lorry that's sitting and waiting, it just means that it's being fussy and has yet to find anyone who meets fully with it's approval.

Quite so, well observed, mine had been coyly hiding behind some boxes until he noticed me passing by, others have been found sunning themselves in long grass and behind bushes, keeping well hidden, only to sit up when the right person comes by, comunicating with a dry squeaking sound a bit like rusty tin moving in the wind at the right moment.

minenow.jpg

The one Andy posted earlier captioned "Some just return to nature!" has in fact spotted him , poor thing doesn't know that he already has one in his recovery ward.

Edited by gritineye

Gritineye, how right you are ! I'm sure many of us have heard that irresistible, seductive "dry squeaking sound" that is their siren voice. One other thing, have you noticed how there always seems to be a railway line fairly nearby ? I've often wondered whether, like whales communicating across the ocean deep, old Scammells and the like somehow use the rail network to "talk" to each other. Please see Constructor Gallery post No.105. It's only an idea, I can't back it up with any hard scientific fact.

You won't find any scientific facts to back any of this up, no more than you will regarding telepathy and such. We Scammell lovers just know it's true, we feel it, it's an instinct!

Dragging a reluctant one home like this seldom works as the Scammell beckoned the wrong man (not me), who although he loved trucks had his head turned by that damned yankee stuff stuff, and it is laying in the grass waiting again!

toyonroad.jpg

Have you ever had a premonition that you are about to have deja voux?

BTW this is not off topic, it's fundamental stuff.

Edited by gritineye

Quite so, well observed, mine had been coyly hiding behind some boxes until he noticed me passing by, others have been found sunning themselves in long grass and behind bushes, keeping well hidden, only to sit up when the right person comes by, comunicating with a dry squeaking sound a bit like rusty tin moving in the wind at the right moment.

minenow.jpg

I recognise that Scammell, pic is taken at Keith Gott's Landrovers, he bought it out of MOD auction at Aston Down, apparently the last Scammell to come out of military service, it had been stationed at the RAE on Salisbury Plain for use as a snowplough.

Yup, you're right there Nick,1993, I could have had the snowplough as well, but as it was rather large and pointy and Swansea said it would be "deemed to be a burden in the vehicle" I declined the offer,

Thats a shame ! I'm sure Croc could have used it !:-D