Daks over Duxford

I have seen adverts for 'Daks over Duxford' and noticed they fly over Kent on their way to Normandy. Does anyone know the exact route they are taking and when exactly they will be over North Kent? Just wanted to be in the right place to see them.

Hi Robert,

Take a look at this page, there is a map with timings on it, basically they are flying out from Duxford, over Colchester, Southend, Maidstone and Eastbourne and on to Le Havre and the dropzone east of Caen

https://www.daksovernormandy.com/news/daks-over-normandy-historic-route-revealed/

Several of the American Dakotas arrived at Duxford today, some still on their way.

• Like 1

Brilliant! Maidstone, for once, seems like a good place to be.

thanks everyone for the information.

Steve.

Actually, after a bit of thought, the top of Detling Hill might be the best place.

Edited by Ex-boy
Added information

I love these aircraft. As a young child, 5 or 6 , they used to fly from the Channel Islands. In those glourious days if you were an 'Unacompanied Minor'  you would be stuck in the jump seat of the cockpit out of the way of the cabin crew. 😁 I knew my way around a DC3 cockpit before a car. Intra flew some in the 1970's, the oldest I remember was November Bravo, she was 1944.

They are still flying as the Turbo prop DC67.

• Like 1