licence

2e0prp

If you are talking about firing blank rounds out of alive weapon you will need a full FAC.

If it is a made to fire blanks it is either compliant with the current law or the police will seize it.

To actually own a realistic replica/blank firer you will need to fit into one of the approved groups.

Edited by REME 245

Just having a thought about the De-activation Certificate. Has anyone been asked to produce this by an authorised person, possible a Police constable ? If so what were the circumstances? BTW I have never been asked......

Yes, and despite wagging paper and clearly pointing out the Proof House De- Activation marks on the guns- The ONLY thing that is legal- The peaperwork is just that a bit of paper the  ------------------ still muttered 'Guidlines' and sized them! Took 6 weeks solictors and the local MP to  get my pices of metal back.  This situation was after my home had ben brocken into and I'd been attacked! And the De Acs were hidden in  place not easily seen so they must have SEARCHED to find them!  Actual crime investigation.....ALL!

You have to know the law better than the Police and be prepared to fight for YOUR rights under Law. 

Oh whilist all this was going on, I was in hospital being treated for injuries sustsained during the attack.

Edited by Tony B

hi , looks like a load of hassle to me , but sorry to hear about Tony`s ordeal , the other thing  how do you stand law wise about bayonets  say at military show  when you see them  hanging as part of the uniform !!!!! 

If you are part of a organised event then no problems. Outside the showground if it is a notified event, such as a parade agin no problem. Otherwise, keep stuff covered to and from events, I alwas treat de acs as live in that case. They travel in a locked box in the back of the vehicle.  Theatrical and Military/living history events are speciffically excluded in a lot of legislation. If you have obvious vehicle mounted weapons cover them on the road, cover any blue lights or other official isignia. Although I don't cover the Red Crosses on Katy as she is obviously a historic vehicles, though to be sure you can display prominent signs Historic Vehicle in Preservation. The 101 was easier, I just closed the flaps. 

In the UK you don’t need a license for a blank firing weapon,  you can actually buy the blanks off Amazon with no proof of age etc. You DO need to be over 16 years old to own one. 

You need to be a member of a group or organisation too.

As for deacs, the certificate is just a piece of paper. You don’t actually need a certificate for a deac. You do if selling it on tho. 

As long as the weapon is proof marked on all the parts deactivated, bolt, barrel etc, it is legal. Some displays will insist on documentation also to attend.

You need a certificate if taking your prized welded up paperweight to Europe tho. To prove the deactivation is to their current butchery laws!

Some countries, it’s actually easier to own a live firing weapon such as Bren, Sten, Enfield etc than a deac!!

Regarding Blank Firing Weapons, the reason I made my original comment is that some blank firers particularly the Sten Guns sit in a grey area of the law and their leagality has never been chalenged in court.  You have the argument over side and top venting amongst other things.

You can also buy blank firers from europe that won't be legal here so buy from a reputable uk supplier.

Having recently been looking in to GPMG 's for fitting to my scimitar and having looked in this a lot decommission guns replica guns air soft and paint ball guns this is what i have found out . Other then the fast they most places advertise stuff they font actually have for sale , if you want a gun thats in a bright blue orange kind of aie soft gun you dont need anything just be over 16 if you want any kind of blank firing gun replica air soft or paint ball that looks like a proper gun in green black etc then you have to be a member of a club . Your local air soft club paint ball  club or reenactment club . you will need a member ship card and a coppy of there public liability certificate to prove its a legitimate club . This is what you need to buy something .

Like all fire arms replica air gun or what ever you can only go out with it in a bag even if its the car it must be in a bag  if its mounted on a vehicle it all so must be covered while on the roads . You cant fire anything unless its on private property with the permission of the owner.  Or at a show were every one on the land is showing arms as part of an event in this case its imply d my the nature of it being a show that you dont need individual permission to ether show or fire the arms . 

14 hours ago, Hoseman said:

In the UK you don’t need a license for a blank firing weapon,  you can actually buy the blanks off Amazon with no proof of age etc. You DO need to be over 16 years old to own one. 

You need to be a member of a group or organisation too.

As for deacs, the certificate is just a piece of paper. You don’t actually need a certificate for a deac. You do if selling it on tho. 

As long as the weapon is proof marked on all the parts deactivated, bolt, barrel etc, it is legal. Some displays will insist on documentation also to attend.

You need a certificate if taking your prized welded up paperweight to Europe tho. To prove the deactivation is to their current butchery laws!

Some countries, it’s actually easier to own a live firing weapon such as Bren, Sten, Enfield etc than a deac!!

Front gas ejecting blank firers are now illegal. The barrel must be stopped and gas eject out the top.  Exception is a Dummy Launcher used in gun dog training and trials. They have a spigot inside that the dummy fits over, and gas dischrges out of the front of the spigot.

Norbo: That is why Webley describe thier Mk VI revolver copy as an Air Gun, even though it only fires plastic BB, all in the name, as Airsoft  you need a card as Air Gun, over 16 with cash.

Edited by Tony B

On 6/5/2018 at 10:53 PM, 2e0prp said:

...  how do you stand law wise about bayonets  say at military show  when you see them  hanging as part of the uniform !!!!! 

I'd be interested to know this. Given that most bayonets are double-edged, my initial assumption is that it would be illegal to have one about your person in public. Anyone know the score?

If its a a show your ok if your on the street it is not .

I were a kilt and i have a small knife in the sock if i am out i cant use it i have to put a fake one in  but if im at a show even a bike show on privet property i can no matter what its a bout bikes tanks or a fishing show i use the real thing.

family.jpg