Halley restoration

DAN THE STEAM

Hi Ian, thanks im getting there with the project, iv finished all the machining of the axle and the spring clamps, just finishing off the (U) bolts for the same.

Dad's matador is on its way to being finished, i dont think hes put any pics of the matador on the web yet, how is you project coming on?

Look forward to seeing you.

Regards DAN AND JEN.

Hi Dan, I took my Matador to its first show this month (Overlord Show) in its pre restoration condition. Keep an eye on CMV or MMI as it received massive interest. I thought it would be good for people to see a truck before the restoration begins, I am so please I made the effort to get it there as it is not running so had to be pushed on to lo loader and so on.

As for progress, I am still doing the building work at home with the final part being a small barn at the bottom of the garden. My plan is to strip the Matador into chunks (automotive, chassis, cab, body, and so on). Putting It back together in the barn with the exception of the cab as will not get it passed the house so that will have to happen in the front garden. I am still using this time to find parts rather than wast time next year when the focus will be on strip, rebuild / remake and paint. Looking forward to getting started.

Keep up the work on the Halley, it's an inspiration to us all. Hope to get over to see you and Your dad in the next few months or when the rear body frames are ready.

Best Regards

ian

Hi Ian, I am glad you are enjoying your matador even before you have got it running, that is always a good sign of what joy you will have as your project progresses, I look forward to seeing you truck restoration.

Will let you know when your hoop sticks and side angles are started.

Regards JOE DAN AND JEN.

Thank Dan, the Matador is looking amazing, I bet Joe is really pleased. If I can get mine looking this good I will be very happy.

Looks like you are making excellent progress with the Halley, it will not be long before you with have the steering in place. Any more thoughts on the engine and transmission ?.

Looking forward to the next update.

Cheers

ian

Hi Steve, its taking longer than id like it to .

??????????? have you not noticed there's only a fixed number of hours per day? Your rate of progress has worn me out and I'm only drinking coffee or ale while reading and enjoying it.

Hi all, got into work early to fit front axle, so now i have one W D Halley rolling chassis.:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::banana::banana::banana::wave::wave:DSC06163.jpg

NEXTJOB to make the stearing arms balljoints and trackrod, and then look at starting the stearingbox, i have got a stearing box that was kindly given to me by Tony and Steve gosling (thankyou) its not a halley box but i will try to use the internals out of it and fab my own casing.

DAN AND JEN.

DSC06160.jpg

DSC06162.jpg