Preserved post-war artillery? piece at Snetterton

Anti-Air? looks like it has a computer under the cover, also the fire extinguisher bracket indicates it hasnt been in service for a while as the british army now uses a modern powder version on there vehicles.

Anti-Air? looks like it has a computer under the cover, also the fire extinguisher bracket indicates it hasnt been in service for a while as the british army now uses a modern powder version on there vehicles.

Its sat amongst a couple of 'enemy' A/A pieces (Argy Hispano and Iraqi ZPU-4)

The kit next to it with the stabilisers looks like some sort of Radar fire-control system for this thingy?

Rob

Looks like an anti tank weapon with the short launching barrels, poss wire guided. MIlan???

Also seems to be the Royal Artillery Museums new reserve collection since there area number of exhibits I recognise from the Rotunda and other places.

Edited by alan turner (RIP)
bit added after checking,

IMO it has the look of an anti-aircraft system rather than a wire guided A/T system -if it was a A/TGW system I would have thought it would have a sighting system rather like a primative version of a Swingfire, the command pod looks as though it opens to deploy sights not dissimilar to a quad polsten or a maxon turret. initally I thought it was an RBS 70 mount but the rest looks too old-it got a distinctly 1950s look about the trailer (note the door handle- looks like an Morris 1000) - perhaps a launcher for the Green Lizard or a variant of the Orange William (without the HESH warhead penalty)

• 1 month later...
I shot this at the Battlefront museum, Snetterton last weekend and could not get any details from the staff, any ideas?

Thanks

Rob

I visited this collection yesterday, the trailer has a "Shorts" ID plate.

_MG_0061_01.jpg

It says "Trailer Two Wheel Director". As it's parked along with the training aids (and field kitchens) I suspect it's some sort of demo or training device?

Hope this helps.

jch