What did you buy?

Topdog

I know a lot of folks went to W+P to show their vehicle and meet up with like minded people and I enjoyed sharing a beer with mates but the best bit for me is hunting down bargains on the stalls.

So, what did you buy?

I found a working radio for the Ferret plus fitting bits for £20

Radio.jpg

A lovely condition grenade for £2

Grenade.jpg

A heavy duty working belt for £4

And best of all, a beautiful cutaway revolver for more than the rest put together.....

Colt.jpg

I bought 2 x dog tags, for the cubelets

2 x jackets, for the cubelets

1 x t shirt, for r cubed with the words

'sell my military vehicle? I would rather stick wasps up my a**e'

2 x HMVF t shirts from a dodgy bloke on a tent stand!!!! 1 for r cubed and 1 for me :)

I didnt buy anything. I had my eye on the RB44 on withams stand all week,and would have bought it if the price came down.

My own thoughts. And the advice from others were that Paul(Withams) had limited resources to take stuff back on sunday,and that i should stick around,as he would be out with the marker pen. Not wanting to suffer the same fate that Lisa suffered a couple of years ago when she lost out on a 4 Tonner that had been knocked down to a silly price,i was ready with the credit card.

The pen came out.But alas the order was given to move the RB44 to a local T.A center for collection later in the week.

I know a lot of folks went to W+P to show their vehicle and meet up with like minded people and I enjoyed sharing a beer with mates but the best bit for me is hunting down bargains on the stalls.

So, what did you buy?

I found a working radio for the Ferret plus fitting bits for £20

Radio.jpg

A lovely condition grenade for £2

Grenade.jpg

A heavy duty working belt for £4

And best of all, a beautiful cutaway revolver for more than the rest put together.....

Colt.jpg

The clansman in the pic??. Is it not for the manpack??

What the hell do you want an RB44 for?

Tracked armour is more your style Mr Burley.......................................

Ive always liked em. Good load carrier. i can get more in it than a 101. And more comfortable. Stop trying to tempt me with the 432.:D:

Ive always liked em. Good load carrier. i can get more in it than a 101. And more comfortable. Stop trying to tempt me with the 432.:D:

I'm not trying to tempt you mate...............................................

I just think you should buy it cos you would look rather fetching stuck out the drivers hatch - not as fetching as Lisa mind you..................................

But thats a price I'd be willing to pay.

I bought 2 x dog tags, for the cubelets

2 x jackets, for the cubelets

1 x t shirt, for r cubed with the words

'sell my military vehicle? I would rather stick wasps up my a**e'

2 x HMVF t shirts from a dodgy bloke on a tent stand!!!! 1 for r cubed and 1 for me :)

I need that t-shirt! Where can I get one?:-D

I didnt buy anything. I had my eye on the RB44 on withams stand all week,and would have bought it if the price came down.

My own thoughts. And the advice from others were that Paul(Withams) had limited resources to take stuff back on sunday,and that i should stick around,as he would be out with the marker pen. Not wanting to suffer the same fate that Lisa suffered a couple of years ago when she lost out on a 4 Tonner that had been knocked down to a silly price,i was ready with the credit card.

The pen came out.But alas the order was given to move the RB44 to a local T.A center for collection later in the week.

your not the only one, I had my eye on it aswell, think the girlfriend realises that you cant stop at just 1 mv :cool2:

I bought several items, a wing box for my landy, a couple of different RAF Regiment badged jackets, a fleece and a t shirt off some bloke in row E, (I think he lost his hair during the week:-D) and several other bits and pieces

Mark :cool:

I'm not trying to tempt you mate...............................................

I just think you should buy it cos you would look rather fetching stuck out the drivers hatch - not as fetching as Lisa mind you..................................

But thats a price I'd be willing to pay.

Another bit of armour would only make her more miserable. Look at the picture of happiness from last years trip in to the arena.....

100_0503.jpg

:D:

Nearly bought a large Tshirt to bring home marked "I BEAT ANOREXIA"...but thought better of it.

But you can't beat some nice fat VAOS

Dscf1137.jpg

oh well maybe you can with some EMERs

Dscf1138.jpg

and not forgetting some CES & Mat Regs from Lee, many thanks.

I need that t-shirt! Where can I get one?:-D

I wanted one - but the other half put her foot down firmly.. :cry: :cry:

I think she thought it was aimed at her and th oft-repeated comments of "when are you going to sell the OT??" Now would I do that....... :coffee: :coffee:

All I bought was another intercom lead and head set for the OT - got the lot for about a third of what I paid for one lead that came with the vehicle!!

I wanted one - but the other half put her foot down firmly.. :cry: :cry:

I think she thought it was aimed at her

Neil I've not met your Mrs, but it can be a touchy subject. I did buy mine a less controversial Tshirt, but again its a nightmare. Upset if it's too small to wear, or insulted if you thought she was a larger size.

Anyway a few more nice books RASC 1925

Dscf1143.jpg

I also collect Indian Army publications, printing is often a bit wonky, but worth 2 Annas of anyone's money.

Dscf1141.jpg

Anyway a few more nice books RASC 1925

Dscf1143.jpg

QUOTE]

That one looks interesting. What does it cover?

I found very little to buy there. Two water pistols for the kids and a book on WW1 French Railway guns (but when i told jack that i was going to go back and get it, he said that he had had his eye on that and was also going to get it).

I could have spent a lot of money on kit at W&P, but i am not prepared to pay the high prices that the event commands.

Saying all that, i had a bit of luck today at the Kemble traction engine rally. I need three plain two gallon petrol tins to go on the Dennis. The WD marked up their tins in WW1 with a stamp just on the handle and the rest of the tin was plain. As genuine WW1 tins are very hard and expensive to find i thought i would get just plain ones which would look right and are a lot cheaper. I found one which was quite nice and for which i paid a fiver. As i walked away i peeled the price label of the handle and found the WD arrow on it. Cant make out the date yet, but i am fairly certain that it is a WW1 one, so rather pleased with that. Two down one to go. Oh yes, and then there are the other trucks, so actually ten still needed.

Tim (too)

That one looks interesting. What does it cover?

General principles of vehicle operation & construction. I like seeing how things have developed I have then for 1930s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s & now India WW2.

This one covers steam & IC engines. Nice summary of laws effecting transport from The General Turnpike Act 1835 to The Road Vehicles (Registration & Licensing) Regulations 1921.

Nice 8-page of historical intro, a couple below. I could bring it to Evesham next weekend or Kemble if you want to browse it.

App1324.jpg

App1325.jpg

Nice 8-page of historical intro, a couple below. I could bring it to Evesham next weekend or Kemble if you want to browse it.

QUOTE]

Very interesting. As i read it i realised that it seemed familiar. I have just gone through my box of old manuals and found that i have it already. Many thanks though. I forgot that i had it, so will reread it at the next opportunity.

Thanks

Tim (too)

Very interesting. As i read it i realised that it seemed familiar. I have just gone through my box of old manuals and found that i have it already.

Yes Tim it's nice to discover old gems. The trouble is when you get home from a show with a new book to find that you have got it already!

Oh yes, forgot, there was also the obligatory bundle of trousers and shirts, 58 packs (dont need one but only £1) and a few other bits.

Fortunately getting £200 for the Ferret wheels helped out to balance the books.

A couple of US tankers jackets, a post war belgian M1-ish helmet, WW2 helmet netting and fixed bales, a book on d day equipment and an M36 TD model. would have got a few more bargain items but couldn't take them back on the train!

I managed several sets of Australian OG's for both my son and I - and the badges for them. Also a set of Aussie deserts for him.

Bought ANOTHER new tent, it's starting to get ridiculous now - between the two of us we have six!

Must have a bit of a sale I think - 9x7 or 4 man arctic anybody?