Ardingly

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

I notice they are allowing book in on the day.:yay:no doubt the numbers were down and this should help,i was going anyway in the car but will take the S1 now so you see the old way works,lets hope a few more shows go back to this ,its a good mixed show with plenty of militarys and huge autojumble.A lot for £8.I know Nick and G/hopper are booked in any one else?.cw.Sunday has Spit and Hurricane ,

I'll keep my eye open for you. (Don't get me wrong though...... I'm not a cyclops.) I should be there as long as it doesn't snow or sumfink. Ya never know with this globule warming do ya :rofl:

You won't miss him :rofl:

Oh an' P.S.

What's the Series 1 got under the bonnet......... 8 cylinder Gardner, V6 Detroit, Tecumseh V twin with electric start....... :rofl::rofl:

I'll be able to recognise you easily now.......... you'll be the one with the 12 bore waitin to pepper me ass with buckshot for bein' cheeky. :rofl:

(Don't get me wrong though...... I'm not a cyclops.) I

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Hope to meet up mate i am going Sunday,have to replace hub seals on the champ saterday and the burst tyre.:-D

Oh an' P.S.

What's the Series 1 got under the bonnet......... 8 cylinder Gardner, V6 Detroit, Tecumseh V twin with electric start....... :rofl::rofl:

I'll be able to recognise you easily now.......... you'll be the one with the 12 bore waitin to pepper me ass with buckshot for bein' cheeky. :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Diesel 4 pot that i have had down to less than 20mpg so am thinking of v8 will probably get more mpg.

Party saturday night :beer::beer::beer:

Oh gawd got to that age where we cant do both.Those plasma plugs have made all the difference to the old V8.Might need some brngs for this alternator/dynamo conversion we are working on .cheers.cw.

I notice they are allowing book in on the day.:yay:no doubt the numbers were down and this should help,i was going anyway in the car but will take the S1 now so you see the old way works,lets hope a few more shows go back to this ,its a good mixed show with plenty of militarys and huge autojumble.A lot for £8.I know Nick and G/hopper are booked in any one else?.cw.Sunday has Spit and Hurricane ,

We still take bookings on the day, never turn anybody away its the only way to run a show :coffee:

I will be going (only as foot traffic on sunday) free pass and also trying to collar more exhibitors for the show (who are not doing W+P that is). I run the military section at the Ringmer show and we have always allowed late entries on the gate, as I have always looked at it that without the exhibitors you don't have a show and we have had some different and unique vehicles turn up late to the show.

Edited by Mark Collins

I will be going (only as foot traffic on sunday) free pass and also trying to coller more exhibitors for the show (who's who are not doing W+P that is). I run the military section at the Ringmer show and we have always allowed late entries on the gate, as I have always looked at it that without the exhibitors you don't have a show and we have had some different and unique vehicles turn up late to the show.

Hi Mark we havnt been to the Ringmer show for a while but its another good one.Maybe this year.I am pleased to learn there are shows allowing sign in on the day as it makes all the difference,cheers,CW.

Catweazle

Thanks for your comments, if you do come please make a point of saying hello, I will be the one running round like a blue Ar*e fly sorting out the military lot. but i could always get the cadets (which we have got coming this year the ones who does the kit kar display) to do the running about as when they are not doing the display they are helping with marshalling etc.

Mark

Had a Fantastic day,such a wide variety of vehicles.nice to see Gritineye and Caz,thanks for tea etc and ride in Forcefull been 25 yrs since i was last in a scammell.

Mark Collins,Andy .Dave 118 .Stuart and Hayley,Grasshopper,Greyham,and any one else sorry if i forgot you.Lots of pics tired out got the s1 up to 70mph downhill on the way back in o/drive:shake:cw

Had a Fantastic day,such a wide variety of vehicles.nice to see Gritineye and Caz,thanks for tea etc and ride in Forcefull been 25 yrs since i was last in a scammell.

Mark Collins,Andy .Dave 118 .Stuart and Hayley,Grasshopper,Greyham,and any one else sorry if i forgot you.Lots of pics tired out got the s1 up to 70mph downhill on the way back in o/drive:shake:cw

missed you cw, was you in disguise ? :)

missed you cw, was you in disguise ? :)

So did I........ I was looking forward to meeting CW. Saw Brenard's Scammell there, but didn't see him either. I was rather hoping HMVF members would have made themselves more visible, so I didn't look like some sort of nurd grilling everyone as to whether they were forum members or not.

I suspect there was another with the gantry Austin. I did get some strange looks when I was lurking around it as if I seemed familiar, but didn't have the courage to ask who was who. :red:

The day wasn't totally wasted in that respect, as I did ask Grasshopper some questions before I found out who he was. Considering my lack of knowledge of his vehicle, he replied very politely and told me exactly what I wanted to know. A good ambassador to the forum. :thumbsup:

Had a fun day out, have now done 56 miles on the road in the CVRT this year.Will post up a couple of pictures tomorrow. The Rotinoff Super Atlantic was a very impressive and imposing machine in the flesh.

Thanks to all who provided me with tea, lunch and converstion. I was flying solo today, just me and the CVRT.