Betting road rage.

agripper

Took the Sbre to Sheffield Steam Rally at the weekend was great fun and the run there and back went without to many problems. Engien cutout at a set of traffic lights and took a few minutes to get her going again, this said , no one sounded there horn nor did anyone try and cut past me. This has to be the best way of missing road rage!

no I think people are genuinely interested in seeing these vehicles one the road...mostly they think its the army and they want to show their appreciation...I think mostly people are marvellously supportive of those people keeping and restoring these things as well.

You don't feel other road users may have been slightly intimidated?

Can't have been, nothing will faze some of these people! I had another HGV lesson today, pulled out onto an (empty) roundabout to turn left, at which point a lady to my right screamed up to her stop line, glanced left and tried to drive into me, still halfway around the bend! Naturally it was all my fault and I got a shaken fist and beeped for my trouble :argh:

To be quite honest I'd be terrified taking armour out on the roads with the number of idiots cruising around, all power to you for being so brave!

Stone

Can't have been, nothing will faze some of these people! I had another HGV lesson today, pulled out onto an (empty) roundabout to turn left, at which point a lady to my right screamed up to her stop line, glanced left and tried to drive into me, still halfway around the bend! Naturally it was all my fault and I got a shaken fist and beeped for my trouble :argh:

To be quite honest I'd be terrified taking armour out on the roads with the number of idiots cruising around, all power to you for being so brave!

Stone

What are you complaing about? Half teh populatiuon have a gene that doesn't allow them to see a bus, and the other half don't care anyway. In the bus industry such incidents are called 'Free Hits'. You have a couple of paid weeks off with wiplash or such.

What are you complaing about? Half teh populatiuon have a gene that doesn't allow them to see a bus, and the other half don't care anyway. In the bus industry such incidents are called 'Free Hits'. You have a couple of paid weeks off with wiplash or such.

Well known in the medical profession as 'bus drivers syndrome' because they are not used to turning their heads to look in the mirror except after they've hit something :-D

Stone

The situation you had happens quite often. I pulled on to an empty roundabout at Lakeside and had some ar*ehole drive straight at me blowing their horn. I didn't get out of their way any quicker though, fully laden 44tonne tankers don't accelerate that quickly. Just as well though; it gave me sufficient time for them to read my lips......... I wasn't too polite either. :)

Reading the comments above, I also have met some of these drivers. One I met yesterday was when I gave way to a bus at a T junction, and another driver decided to fill the space with his car, blocking the whole road.

Anyone watch 'Road Wars' on the TV? It is partly made in Reading, where I live, and I am shocked by the number of drivers they stop that do not have licences, insurance or tax. One thought a provisional licence entitled him to drive anything.....

Take care out there, my friends.

Did that my old Ferret to work in rush hour traffic once when the wife took the car. Was reat fun, only one person tried to cut me up then took a double take as though they had not seen the ferret. After which he thought better of pushing in. Have never understood why people will act so differnetly when they get behind the wheel of a car.

I was towing Bob Days Munga back from Woolwich (electrical fault) when passing the Shell garage on the A13 some idiot in a bmw tried to pull out and into the gap between me and Bob the look on his face when he saw that tow wire was a picture good job we travel at a safe speed.

Took the Sbre to Sheffield Steam Rally at the weekend was great fun and the run there and back went without to many problems. Engien cutout at a set of traffic lights and took a few minutes to get her going again, this said , no one sounded there horn nor did anyone try and cut past me. This has to be the best way of missing road rage!

Must be an ex-15/19H Scorpion. Our barracks in Paderborn was within the city limits. My fiancee was Paymaster's nanny. Paymaster never got crashed out on Active Edge, being the Paymaster he was rear party.

She always knew when there'd been an Active Edge though. As she took the Paymaster's daughter to play group, she'd pass a line of broken down CVR(T)s, invariably with one at the second set of lights all of 100m from the camp.

Still, so long as the vehicle made it out of camp, it wasn't such a gripping as not getting it out of camp.

Ah Active Edge. Funny 99.9% the lasses that worked in the cookhouse always knew when it would be called till a new CO arrived on in his opening address calld out Active Edge the flap could be heard at J.H.Q

ROFL. Good drills.

I find that when driving CVRT on the road, every other driver stops to gawk! Particularly advantageous at roundabouts!

Here in Texas when out in another Ferret owner's ferret people stop, gawk, take pictures "Dude! WHere did you get that? That's so AWESOME!"

Ahh bless the BMW driver... where would we be without him?

A lot less stressed I think!! Had two in short order today- had to go get two jerry cans of petrol for the Stalwart and had one BMW driver come straight out onto a roundabaout in front of me. Refuelled the two cans, went to pull out of the service station to the right and another one came out of a pump behind me, came through on the inside and then cut in front of me.

I was NOT a happy bunny at that point in time!!!!