War & Peace - Sunday

Smithy

I have been to the show a few times before but I'm just wondering what is the show like on the Sunday. This may sound daft but I'm thinking that I might only be able to make the Sunday if I come down and going from experince of what The Great Dorset Steam Fair is like on a Sunday I don't want it to be a waste of time.

Does everything start to leave early or does stuff stay until later on or even the Monday?

watching the chaos of people trying to leave GDSF if one of the highlights of the show. last year loads of people made the effort to leave on the Saturday morning, before it stopped raining, just to provide this display.....

watching the chaos of people trying to leave GDSF if one of the highlights of the show. last year loads of people made the effort to leave on the Saturday morning, before it stopped raining, just to provide this display.....

It sure is croc, plus you get the best photo opportunities as stuff has moved out of the way. The thing I'm worries about is paying to come in at W&P and it not being a full day, we don't have to worry about this at GDSF being an exhibitor we always stop until the Monday anyway.

Since we have been doing the week long stays there,we have always used saturday as our last day. In fairness the organisers should reduce the entrance fee on the sunday,as most prepare to leave.

Cheers LB. Pretty much like at Dorset then, where last year they did reduce the price on the last day.

I have been to the show a few times before but I'm just wondering what is the show like on the Sunday. This may sound daft but I'm thinking that I might only be able to make the Sunday if I come down and going from experince of what The Great Dorset Steam Fair is like on a Sunday I don't want it to be a waste of time.

Does everything start to leave early or does stuff stay until later on or even the Monday?

By Sunday most of the traders have left, all the tat stalls move in, lots of MV's have left as most will have been there since monday/tuesday and have long drive home, some stay over till monday, the reenactors and displays will still be there

• 1 month later...

From my experience of the show most of the exhibitors and re-enactors are there just to set up and live the experience all together, there is the meeting friends from other Countrys and exchanging parts doing deals ect, which goes on all week also for the partying and drinking.

So when they arrive up to a week and a half before the public are allowed in the last couple of days ie the weekend which is open to the public makes no difference to the exhibitors as they are starting to get packed away.

It does not seem to be for the public other than ticket sales but for like minded people who are exhibitors and re-enactors to meet and do deals and have some fun with their kit.