Shopping trip results...

ArtistsRifles

As most I think know - we went "shopping" last weekend for the object of my desire - a Mk 2 Stalwart. Well - if we meet our financial targets at the end of this month this is the beastie that will be mine by the mid to end of May - those eagle eye ones who were at Coalhouse Fort the other weekend mught just recognize the driver!!:

Imag0141E.jpg

Imag0142E.jpg

Imag0143E.jpg

What do you think for £6,000 folks (load bed cover is in the load bay together with the IVJL and there is a full clansman intercom installation)??????

What do you think for £6,000 folks (load bed cover is in the load bay together with the IVJL and there is a full clansman intercom installation)??????

:shock: Blimey, you could get two good Jimmys for that :twisted:

Seriously all the best with it and hopefully you will soon have your head under the bonnet :cry:

It's a very, very nice machine Richard - now to pray the home finance figures work out the way I hope at the end of the month so that we can then progress to hoping that the loan request goes through OK!!!!!

Damn good job that "hope springs eternal" according to the old adage :D

Seriously all the best with it and hopefully you will soon have your head under the bonnet :cry:

I hope not Jack otherwise Neils been sold a pup (no bonnet on a Stolly :P )

Good looking machine Neil lets hope the finances go through quickly for you.

Best of luck mate

Sorry dont recognise the driver, but is that picture taken down in Sussex :D

It is :D Do you recognise the area and/or vehicle Mark???

I do and its a very very nice machine, drove it last year at war and peace :D

I hope not Jack otherwise Neils been sold a pup (no bonnet on a Stolly :P )

Good looking machine Neil lets hope the finances go through quickly for you.

Best of luck mate

Might not be a bonnet - but there's a hefty lump of cargo deck that won't do me any favours if it ges dropped on the old (literally!!) noggin whilst engaged in the depths of the trusty old B81!! :D :shock:

Luckily though the mechanicals should all be sorted by the time money changes hands - only fault was a leaky clutch and the owner is fixing it as he'd already ordered the parts. Speedo is non-op and that IS a job to do but otherwise all there is are some relatively minor cosmetic works to do around the inside of the roof hatches and the rear drop-gate.

Thanks John - I suspect a return visit to the cab of a Stollie might be in the offing in the not-too-distant future :D

Not sure what the speedo is right now - or why it's not working even... There's a fair chance the head might be OK and it's the take off from one of the front bevel boxes thats up the creek!!! Hopefully in a month or so's time we'll be able to have a good look and find out :D

• 4 weeks later...

Latest update!!!!!

Just heard from Northern Rock - the loan application has been approved. Provided no ones got their wires crossed and sent me the wrong mail item the paper work should be here this week, we'll get it sent back within a day and then its a weeks from them receiving the paperwork to having the cash transferred into our bank account.

We should be complete the transaction by end of May and that will then leave the issues of:

* How to get her home - transport or drive the 70 odd miles??

* Where to store her when she does come home!!

Grab the bull by the horns Neil and drive her home :twisted:

We normally drive the vehicles a 50 mile radius of home base but sometimes have been known to take them further.

The drive will also get you a bit more used to the "Stolly Shuffle", not only that mate but you could always make a detour to the Bunker show :twisted: and use it as a staging point. You never know, you might see the cardboard cut outs we have of Stuart and Vicky as they are not going to be there :wink:

Anyway great news to hear that another one of Alvis's finest will be on the local scene. 8)

Another letter from Northern Rock today advising they had received the forms, loan had been finalized and the date payments would commence.

Just need to wait for the money to be transferred via the banking system. :D:D

Would have loved for her to have been here for the Bunker weekend but I doubt the cash will have cleared by then - realistically I think we're looking at the second W/E in June as being the earliest I can get her :cry:

as we're off to France for a weeks caravan rally the W/E after the bunker event. Need now to talk to RoadSure to arrange insurance and see if they have an upper class (over 7.5t) on their recovery service - if they do then driving her home is on. If not then transport might have to be considered!! I've also asked the seller if he minds it staying where it is until a home can be found for her.

We're getting there folks -slowly but surely we are getting there :D:D:D

I do, I do - believe me I do - but if I park her on the drive at home then:

1) the level of the drive will drop below water level

2) the local brats will wreck her :cry:

So although we'll be going down to pay the money and get the manuals/paperwork etc Sunday afternoon after the Bunker she's going to have to stay in East Sussex until a home can be found!!!!!!

OK - just rung RoadSure and arranged cover on the Stalwart from mid-day tomorrow. Costed £90.82p (had I not been in the MVT it would have been £167 so that was £30 well spent :D ). Also had the breakdown cover added at £125 - so when a home is found she's ready to roll :D:D:D

Yet another step closer :D:D