Royal Gunpowder Mills 24/25th June MV show

I've mentioned this in other posts but just in case anyone has missed them we are having our second military vehicle show at the Royal Gunpowder Mills, Waltham Abbey, Essex.

Its on 24/25th June and all military vehicles are welcomed.

Its a relaxed friendly show in a historic setting, we even feed you on sat night!

For entry forms and or to apply for a traders stall give me a call on 020 8534 4246 or PM me with your details.

http://www.millsmilitaria

http://www.royalgunpowdermills.com

Cheers Rob :D

• 2 months later...

Saturday 24/6/2006 - Sunday 25/6/2006

Royal Gunpowder Mills Military Vehicle Weekend Following the successful first show in 2005, we are having another one in 2006, bigger and better!More vehicles, more traders, on site bar! A laid back, friendly show, with lots to see and do. 175 acres of woodland, 21 buildings of major historical importance, cinema, museum, we even feed you onSaturday night! Just off junc 26 of the M25 in waltham abbey, essex.

Robert Short Royal Gunpowder Mills Beaulieu Drive Waltham Abbey Essex EN9 1JY Tel 020 8534 4246

E Mail twoods@iwm.org.uk Web Site

http://www.royalgunpowdermills.com/

http://www.millsmilitaria.co.uk/

Saturday 24/6/2006 - Sunday 25/6/2006

Hi everybody will we all be displaying our HMVF signs in the windscreen of our vehicles at the weekend so we can all put faces to names? all the best.

Buster

could be a problem the saracen hasn't got a windscreen :wink:

Got a sort-of rad grille though!!! You could hang it off that????

so what day are most of you guys /girls going to go on then Saturday or Sunday as i have a feeling there wont be as many people there on Sunday because of some sort of football tournament or something any way all the best.

Buster

Just got back in from an excellent day out!! Many thanks to those who organised it if they are reading the forums on here.

The Powder Mills site is much much more interesting than even I thought it would be and even the wife mk 1 enjoyed herself (although she nearly had a little "accident" when Lee let the MOBAT off :evil:)

Saw some very interesting vehicle - photo's are up in the gallery - inc a couple of very nice GMC's plus a couple I couldn;t swear I knew what they were so are marked unknown. If some one lets me have know what they are I'll amend the captions accordingly.

I even managed to source a BRAND NEW Clansman ICB-3 from one of the traders :-)

Looking forwards now till next year when my little girl will be there!!

Hi,

It was a really good event, the 432 rides were good, all of the old buildings were extremely interesting, especially the old victorian mill with water wheel that you 'were not supposed' to go in!! :wink: Anyway the turnout was fairly good although there was not that many joe public i felt..

Steve where was your jeep?? You were there on sunday right??

Thanks,

Mick.

Hi Mick

Glad you enjoyed the 432 rides, It took me all thursday to clear the route!

We had a few probs sun morning with water in the fuel and a suspect driveshaft but got them running for sunday afternoon (and raised a bundle of cash for BLESMA)

This years show was definitely bigger than last years, with more vehicles entered and more visitors.

To all those who attended either as participants, exhibitors or visitors, I'd like to say a big thank you on behalf of the Mills staff, and myself as show organiser.

They have already asked me to do one next year and I'm going to try and contact all the other show promoters to see if for once we can sort out some dates without things clashing.

My only moan is about people who book into a show and then don't turn up, the ones who did it last year did it this year too :x

If you don't intend going, don't ask for a form, for info, most of the them own Jeeps!

For those who DID turn up, a big big thank you.........now for that beer, and bath.