Royal Gunpowder Mills 24/25th June MV show

Hi Niel

Thanks got it now

Mick

no mate we went on the Saturday, had a great time, will defo take a tent next year

a very friendly lot ,( had 2 work on the sun am)

http://www.hmvf.co.uk/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=37&g2_itemId=2196

Rob

nice work on the 432 rides, mybe next year we can help out with 3 jeeps ?

(If you don't intend going, don't ask for a form, for info, most of the them own Jeeps!)

just to make it up

steve

Hi Neil

I also never got round to sorting an HMVF sticker.

Steve's was the Jeep on the left...that is Steve in the picture...mine was the one on the far right, you can just see the bumper in the picture...the one with the 30.cal.

It was really good show...we had a bit of a drive around once all the public had gone...there are some really cool building out there....i am sure some one them could be opened to the public...the more solid concrete ones.

We did even try and get on the Tractor for a trip round but it was booked solid

Shame about some people not turning up who had booked...i was the other way I purposely didn't book because i wasn't 100% sure I would be able to come along

I echo Steve's comment...will camp next time

I was great show though...so well done to Rob and everyone involved...to Lee and John for the pyrotechnics

cheers

Chris

Thanks Chris - I wanted to get some more photo's of the jeeps but I was being rushed off by then as the wife mk1 was concerned the dog had been left on his own all day (the pic of Steve and his Jeep was taken around 15:00 ish and we'd left home at 11:00) I thought the dog would have been OK for a little while longer but you can't argue with SWMBO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Plans for next years show include more free tractor rides for exhibitors, and a few others that need confirming before I say anything!

The problem with the rides this year was a lack of guides who tell you all about the place while yours truly pilots the tractor.

Next year we will have plenty!

Hi Rob

re Chris( We did even try and get on the Tractor for a trip round but it was booked solid) Thats a good thing

exhibitors are not looking for a free bee ride just to help out

lets have free tractor rides for the MOP and we all chip in for the 432 fuel ?

steve

Hi Rob,

Yes we talked to a big guy about 432's, he was from the NLBA, as I am tempted to buy one...

Yes the all green one was the one that had water in the fuel wasn't it? In the end we managed to mount up in the sand and green one. Whoever owns this vehicle I want it...It is exactly the same colour as my ferret!!( I don't even know if I am being serious or just joking with myself....)

Mick.

Hi Mick

I've got a funny feeling I might be hacking a longer tank ride course through the woods next year, as I know someone else who has just bought a 432 and might want to play!

Be interesting to see how much money we raised for BLESMA, the british limbless ex servicemens association.

One thing is definite though, the show is growing, and that ain't a bad thing!

Even if I do it as an unpaid volunteer :cry:

Just need to get Richard Grosvenor to attend next year with his FH70 & get that firing, hope you all enjoyed the Firepower Display.. my Ferret is still in one piece despite being blown up twice, anyone want to volunteer their vehicle as a range target for next years show??

don't worry lee my finger will be in working order and primed for next year! :wink:

next time we'll fire the pyros from the safety of the saracen! :-D

I thought for a mo' you were offering the Saracen as the range target!! Couple of Lee's pyro's near that little issue with the fuel tank and all your problems would be solved :evil: :evil:

Hi Rob,

the 432 rides were still worth the tenner i gave the guy!! :-D Why hack more of a course out? Give the passengers a run for their money by crushing out a course!! :-D There is a 432 on milweb for six grand that I find tempting... I just don't have the money at this precise time, I need to sell my trike first and then I will be okay.

Thanks,

Mick.

Hi Rob,

the 432 rides were still worth the tenner i gave the guy!! :-D Why hack more of a course out? Give the passengers a run for their money by crushing out a course!! :-D There is a 432 on milweb for six grand that I find tempting... I just don't have the money at this precise time, I need to sell my trike first and then I will be okay.

Thanks,

Mick.

If memory serves there is/was a VERY nice 432 on this forum for sale at £6,000 - even tempted me but fortunately for me and for the Stalwart) I'd already spent my money :-)

Just need to get Richard Grosvenor to attend next year with his FH70 & get that firing

Hi Lee,

well.. I'm taking my HGV test next month and if that goes well we'll be on the lookout for a Foden FH70 Gun Tractor. Then I'll be able to go a little further afield so next year I might just get there. :wink:

Nearly got the FH70 firing, we've tested the pyros but haven't yet tried them in the gun.

This is the first test fire,( volume needs to be loud!!)

th_DSCI0010.jpg

Regards

Richard

Hi Neil

Not really sure how the test will be done. I'm doing a week long intensive training course the week before War & Peace so I haven't done any training yet. ( other than driving the Militant! )

The theory test was easy ( 100% :-D ). The hazard awareness was tricky as the computer cheated and disallowed all points on the double hazard clip :? !!! But luckily I passed. :lol:

Regards

Richard

Things have changed a bit then :-) Never had the theory and hazard awareness tests as such. The examiner did ask questions whilst driving about hazards and technical questions - loading, trailer connectivity etc. when doing the off-road bit thats all!

Just be glad you are not doing the off-road manouevering in the Militant!! :lol: :lol: :lol: