mullberry at aromanches

this was our last day so we had to this .started out at 15.00 and back at 18.00 we had bit of numb bums but well worth the paddle.wanted to do this in 1979 on mvcg tour when i was 11 its taken 31 years to do it and it was my fiance idea to go back and kayak the beaches after bringing her here 5 years ago.

DSC01033.jpg

DSC01037.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

DSC01041.jpg

DSC01042.jpg

DSC01051.jpg

DSC01053.jpg

DSC01061.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

DSC01065.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

DSC01073.jpg

DSC01075.jpg

DSC01012.jpg

Great pictures,we were there slighty earlier in the day and could not see more than

50 feet from the beach totally fogged in!!! ended up walking up to the 360 degree

cinema....well worth a look

I'm really surprised so much is remaining. Clearly visible on Google earth as well.

It's a great wonder such large pieces of engineering managed to be constructed without enemy knowledge.

All credit to the French for not removing these very important historical constructions even though they are not particularly aesthetically pleasing on an otherwise lovely beach.

Some fantastic pictures there, I spoke with one of our artists at Old warden during the last show, telling him about our forthcoming trip to Normandy and he told me about being a draftsman for the mullberrys and how he came ashore on D+4 on juno beach at a place called Graye-sur-mer, which is where the campsite is we will be staying on, as we did 5 years ago. Small world ain't it :shocked:

• 5 years later...
this was our last day so we had to this .started out at 15.00 and back at 18.00 we had bit of numb bums but well worth the paddle.wanted to do this in 1979 on mvcg tour when i was 11 its taken 31 years to do it and it was my fiance idea to go back and kayak the beaches after bringing her here 5 years ago.

Time to reboot these pics for the 70th