Stoke Goldington Steam Rally

The first time I have attended this rally and I was quite impressed. Set out on a big site there was plenty of different things to see especially in the military section. The only disappointing thing was the lack of commercials for a show of this size, although maybe this was due to attending on the Saturday as shows traditionally have more attendees on a Sunday.

Below are the different military vehicles in attendance. BTW can anyone name all the different vehicles making up this first picture???

007.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

Bit of an MV numpty question but what is that last picture of. They cropped up in those Scammell training films but I haven't seen one before. The cab looks fearsomely crude.

Bit of an MV numpty question but what is that last picture of. They cropped up in those Scammell training films but I haven't seen one before. The cab looks fearsomely crude.

It's an Austin K5 'Screamer'. 21st Army group in WW2 had a lot of trouble with these.

The first time I have attended this rally and I was quite impressed. Set out on a big site there was plenty of different things to see especially in the military section. The only disappointing thing was the lack of commercials for a show of this size, although maybe this was due to attending on the Saturday as shows traditionally have more attendees on a Sunday.

Below are the different military vehicles in attendance. BTW can anyone name all the different vehicles making up this first picture???

Matador chassis, Militant cab, Bedford body:-D

Milimataford perhaps?

The ex RAF Cardington Ballon Winch Leyland Beaver (fourth picture) is to be re-united with an authentic Ballon winch.

It's was taken off to go to the gulf war mounted on a "container, pallet", and left there.

But another was taken off a second truck, and mounted on a skid. The Beaver owner has just managed to buy it and is well motivated to get it back onto the Beaver.

I have been going to Stoke Goldington for many years, very friendly atmosphere. Picture 8 is my Leyland Retriever 1937. Picture 12 is my Goddess painted to represent a goddess used by the Army Fire Service in Aden. The military used a few of these they differed very slightly to the Auxilary fire service ones. Very little is written about the Army Fire Service, they were part of the RASC. The badge on the side was blown up from one 2" high. If any one can give me any info on this organisation I would be most gratefull.

I have been going to Stoke Goldington for many years, very friendly atmosphere. Picture 8 is my Leyland Retriever 1937. Picture 12 is my Goddess painted to represent a goddess used by the Army Fire Service in Aden. The military used a few of these they differed very slightly to the Auxilary fire service ones. Very little is written about the Army Fire Service, they were part of the RASC. The badge on the side was blown up from one 2" high. If any one can give me any info on this organisation I would be most gratefull.

Very nice collection you have ! I think your Goddess is very nicely done ! :-D

Good to see someone else from my local area is on here now. Welcome aboard. I didnt get to S.G. this year due to Mrs W having booked us up for a shindig in London that weekend, shame really as its only up the road from us. Nice weather though. Did the BOB flypast do its stuff on either day?

The ex RAF Cardington Ballon Winch Leyland Beaver (fourth picture) is to be re-united with an authentic Ballon winch.

It's was taken off to go to the gulf war mounted on a "container, pallet", and left there.

But another was taken off a second truck, and mounted on a skid. The Beaver owner has just managed to buy it and is well motivated to get it back onto the Beaver.

Trust you to have beaver on your mind ! its a 6x4 so its a hippo:-D

The B O B Dakota on sat and Spitfire on sun very good. I also had there my Austin 10 staff car 1939, Matchless g3l 1941 and Douglas 2 3/4hp 1918. Rick John Marchants event is on again first weekend of October hope to see you there.

The B O B Dakota on sat and Spitfire on sun very good. I also had there my Austin 10 staff car 1939, Matchless g3l 1941 and Douglas 2 3/4hp 1918. Rick John Marchants event is on again first weekend of October hope to see you there.

I'll be there with the Champ most likely, hope the weather is better this year!