New from France

Hello.

I'm french to Normandie.

I'dont speak verry well english :cry: sorry.

I love to véhicul to WWII UK and US.

I job to RENAULT TRUCKS ,i make a cab-box a truck MAGNUM.

me site job it's a 2 milles to PEGASUS BRIDGE.

The children boy to me wife a make a HORSA plane to musée.

what are you go for a 6 june and normandie,for loocking engines

Sorry ever for me not good english

Good by

Bonjour Stéphane,

Bienvenue a le forum.

My French is not so good, but you're very welcome to this friendly and nice group of people.

I will be in Normandie, Colleville sur Mere (camping Le Robinson) from June 1 to June 10.

I drive a 1945 Dodge WC51 ambulance.

The Swedish group, about 10 vehicles, will be camping at the Big Red One Museum outside Colleville sur Mere. Welcome to visit us.

Regards

Goran Noren

Lidingo

Suéde

GoranWC51,thanks for your invitation,

i'm passed to colleville at camping for visit a groupe.

I'm wanted a drivers to a Scammell wreker for a looking a véhicule

and speaking a technique for a projet at restauration.

After i'm wanted a old Scammell.

After i'm wanted a old Scammell.

I think an old Scammell would be an ideal vehicle for you as the multi-fuel Gardner engine will run very well on red wine straight from the bottle. You may also know that the standard issue French beret is a perfect fit as a headlight cover on these early Scammells. Just out of interest, did the modified Scammell Pioneer that scaled the Eiffel Tower 1938 survive into preservation ?

By the way, did you ever teach written English in the British Comprehensive School system ? There's something about your style of writing that would be very familiar to anyone who has had the good fortune to be a student at one of these illustrious establishments.

ScammellascendingEiffelTower1938.jpg

Merçi Snapper.

C'est pas évident pour moi d'éssayer de conversser dans une langue que malheureusement

eu du mal pendant les 2 années que j'ai pu suivre avant de partir en enseignement technique.

J'écris en cherchant les mots dans un dictionaire en tentant de me souvenir du peu que j'ai pu apprendre.

Si tu pouvais me refaire un peu ma presentation.

J'ai 43 ans et je vis a CAEN a côté de Ouistreham dans le calvados.

Je suis un ancien mecano auto avec 4 diplomes,mecanicien ,carrossier

diéseliste et electricien auto.

Aprés 15 ans dans les garages dont un qui faisait de la restauration d'anciennes

ferrari ,gaguard ,aston martin ,MG ,Tryumph.

Je travaille maintenant chez RENAULT TRUCKS a l'assemblage et a la soudure des cabines de magnum.

J'ai découvert un Scammells dans les années 94 mais je ne s'avais pas ce que c'etait comme véhicule.

C'est un collégue du forum de GMC qui m'a fait découvrir votre forum.

J'aimerai découvrir votre engin et par la suite j'aimerai en trouver un et

l'importer en france pour le restaurer.

Si tu pouvais te faire traducteur et encore m'excuser pour mes messages

en mode puzzle.

Si pour la periode de début juin il y a des membre du forum qui viennent avec des vehicules

pour les commémorations du D-DAY en Normandie,

pourquoi ne pas se rencontraient.

Cordialement.

Stephane de france

I asked for that, didn't I lads! My CSE French exam is proving inadequate. That's the last time I let Grimmer do the ordering - wherever he is these days.....Chesterfield, I think.

I will endeavour to translate asap....but meanwhile....

suffice to say Stephane knows his way around motors and likes Scammells. He is a Normandy man, so look out for him on your adventures.

I will now shut up for the night.

M

Come on lads........ I only took French for two years 1964 and 1965; an I could understand roughly what he does for a living etc, how he came to be on this forum etc.

I often feel ashamed that I don't really have a second language, especially French. I gave it up as I lost interest after a clash of personalities with the French teacher. We clashed after an exam when I was told that the expression, "Il pleut chats et chiens" was not in any way acceptable as an exam answer................ I thought it was pretty clever. :-D

A visit to Holland in the eighties made me feel ashamed too. They all seem to speak English so well. I'd love to be able to speak Dutch fluently as they were such lovely people to visit. Also used to hear it on Radio Luxembourg many moons ago.

Happy memories. :)

A few days ago, I received a PM from Stephane written in his exquisite Frenglish and assumed it was one of our more playful forum regulars having a go at winding me up. I couldn't see why a new French forum member, if that was who it was, would chose to PM me. Why me ? Thinking it was someone having a laugh, I replied on this thread to Stephane's PM by leaving the post with a picture of the Scammell climbing the Eiffel Tower.

Well, since then I've received further emails from Stephane and I'm still not entirely sure what it is that he would like to know. I think, but I'm not certain, that he would like to buy a Pioneer or, at least, find out how much one might cost. Would someone with good French like to contact Stephane and then post on this, or another, thread what Stephane would like to know and how we could best help him.

:tup::

here you go Snapper care of babel fish

Thank you Snapper. C' for me d' is not obvious; to try to converse in a language that unfortunately have evil during the 2 years that j' could follow before leaving in technical education. J' write by seeking the words in a dictionary by trying me to remember little that j' could learn. If you could remake me a little my presentation. J' am 43 years old and I live has concurrently to CAEN Ouistreham in the apple-brandy. I am a former mechanic car with 4 graduates, mechanic, carriage-builder dieselist and electrician car. After 15 years in the garages of which one which made restoration d' old Ferrari, gaguard, aston Martin, MG, Tryumph. I work now at RENAULT TRUCKS has l' assembly and with the welding of the cabins of magnum. J' Scammells in the years 94 but I discovered s' did not have what c' was like vehicle. C' is a colleague of the forum of GMC which m' made discover your forum. J' will like to discover your machine and thereafter j' will like to find one of them and l' to import into France to restore it. If you could make you translator and still m' to excuse for my messages in puzzle mode. So for the period of at the beginning of June there is of the member of the forum which comes with vehicles for the commemorations of the D-DAY in Normandy, why not did not meet. Cordially. Stephan of France

Hello has all. Thank you still for your comprehension. I am in more initial in data processing, c' is not hollowing out to call itself in question with new technologies. I will discover your forum more easily. It n' there does not have a file sales of vehicles and parts? Cordially, has soon. Stephan of France

That fish is bloody clever. Douglas Adams estate must have got some of the money. In case any of you are wondering where he got some of the names for Hitch hikers |Guide from - Hotblack Desiato the rock star who was dead for tax purposes was actually a firm of estate agents in Highbury.

M