Scammell explorer (big chris)

big chris

Yes when i bought it the engine blew on first road test had oil in it but i think it was a cheap detergant in it as it washed the engine inside and welded the caps to the crank!!! It was easier to get a engine than repair the old unit

thanks chris

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello 'big chris':mailforyou:

Hows it hanging! :cool2:

R u up for an 80 + 80 mile road trip at the weekend:shake:- I've found somemore shows, too!!!:readpaper:

Edited by xsk460
INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE USED

sheep dealing ?

its sheep breeding not so sure about nato green that stuff i bought is prob going to get a tint of something else in it as cow s**t brown dont look good on the door

:mailforyou:Have you painted it yet??? the colour I think you actually want is British Standard Drab Olive Green:coffee:

Looks like it's coming along nicely big Chris. Can you tell me where you got your pipes for the front brakes with the spiral shields as mine are u/s? Ta very much. Remember seeing your motor for sale, but never got round to having a look. keep up the good work. would like to see more pics when you have them. Cheers. Daz

i made the hoses up my self daz and the spring is also used for hydraulic hoses as protection looks kinda origional doesnt it if you need some let me know i will sort a price and i can carrier them to you if you wish

hope this helps

not done much as busy at work but i have added some valves for the air brakes and more hoses daz they are not origional but they didnt cost me anything once they are red and yellow they wont look as bad and they work so thats all that matters

• 1 month later...

good job our kid gave me a spell of the spray gun or my arm would have dropped off this morning, second top coat went on this morning plenty of paint on her now de masked every thing also i know its a bit sad but i painted the tyres while i was in the mood ,painted up the air valve taps as well as anything else i could think of please dont comment on the painted wheel nuts as i only had a large brush so only painted the stud tips looks ok though will get a small brush to finish the job dont worry

PICT0071.jpg

PICT0072.jpg

PICT0073.jpg

PICT0076.jpg

PICT0079.jpg

PICT0080.jpg

PICT0081.jpg

PICT0085.jpg

well thats it hope no one is bored but i knew i had not put anything on for a while so just had to put on (even before i went for a shower )

yep im still green hope you all enjoy good job my missus is understanding it really has taken all week end

back to work tomorrow for a rest i think

ready for flookburgh steam gathering in 2 weeks

PICT0086.jpg

PICT0090.jpg

PICT0097.jpg

PICT0101.jpg

PICT0102.jpg

PICT0103.jpg