Cobham bus rally.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Never been to a bus rally thought it might be a bit boring,it was ok there were thousands there,never seen so many people taking pictures.

Wisleybusshow003.jpg

Wisleybusshow004.jpg

Wisleybusshow005.jpg

Wisleybusshow006.jpg

Wisleybusshow007.jpg

You wait for hours then they all come at once,feel free to educate me,RM,RT about all i know.

The bloke with the dog choked me up.Had to sell his RM because the last thing it needed was a water pump and he had been made redundant.He isnt as blessed as most in the top floor department.The dog had been abandoned so he took it in,its quite old.We sat and had a snack together,he could only afford a plate of chips,each time he had one he gave the dog one,he talked to the dog continuosly,When he turned to me and said the dogs helping him to get through each day,that finished me.

He had a smile on his face through out it all.I thought i was hard up.I wish him all the luck in the world.:cry:

A collegue went to that show with his London Arriva liveried Dennis Dart, he enjoyed it, mind you, he is a bus nut!!!! (musnt knock them though, I was at a bus show in Crewe on the same day, sold approx £95 worth of photos to the enthusiasts!!!!!!:yay::yay:)

Mark :cool:

PS, nice shot of GS34,MXX 334 my dad used to own GS36, MXX 336

You must have to much spare time on your hands, to want to look at buses.

It was local and we got rides to the musuem,turned out a good day,plus i found rare pics of s1 l/rovers on the docks.Nick was on the fire engine we were hoping to see him and his helmet:cool2:

Must admit I do like old ones ! (oh dear I am sadder than I thought ) I thought this would be nice for the next beano ! At Chatham dockyard last weekend ! :-D

Nice to see this Lioness is still around, havnt seen this one since the mid 1980's

A collegue went to that show with his London Arriva liveried Dennis Dart, he enjoyed it, mind you, he is a bus nut!!!! (musnt knock them though, I was at a bus show in Crewe on the same day, sold approx £95 worth of photos to the enthusiasts!!!!!!:yay::yay:)

PS, nice shot of GS34,MXX 334 my dad used to own GS36, MXX 336

small world init.

Wisleybusshow010.jpg

Wisleybusshow011.jpg

Wisleybusshow012.jpg

Wisleybusshow013.jpg

Wisleybusshow014.jpg

Wisleybusshow015.jpg

Wisleybusshow016.jpg

Wisleybusshow017.jpg

I would probably have gone, but it clashed, and like I say, why spend money on a stall when you can make money?

I have allways said that you have to travel to see different preserved vehicles, I used to love going to Hellingly rally (near Eastbourne) every August Bank Hols, used to coincide (suprise, suprise) with the family hols!!!

Ah well, hope to see some different vehicles at Southport this year, not to mention BB and Duxford!!

All the best

Mark

I would probably have gone, but it clashed, and like I say, why spend money on a stall when you can make money?

I have allways said that you have to travel to see different preserved vehicles, I used to love going to Hellingly rally (near Eastbourne) every August Bank Hols, used to coincide (suprise, suprise) with the family hols!!!

Ah well, hope to see some different vehicles at Southport this year, not to mention BB and Duxford!!

All the best

Mark

It was a little bit Anoraky,and i was a little worried about some of the people but i supose they are in the military vehicle groups as well i just havnt met them yet.I enjoyed it and would go again,but then i would go anywhere rather than staying indoors.

Some very nice photos old chum ! Thanks for posting and telling the tale of the dog owner :-D !

Every time a customer doesnt turn up when booked in,and last week we had a client go bust owing us £800.i think of him and just get on with it.:-D

At least your on the same planet,some of these guys.:shake:

true, there are some, shall we say, strange people who populate the preserved bus world.

When dad owned our GS, we used to show a Greenline blind, now GS's wernt used on the Greenline services, but sometime in 1967 (I think) owing to vehicle shortages, our GS was used on one, there was even a photo on that months cover of London Transports country area magazine.

Picture the scene, anorak approaches me whilst I was stood outside the bus, tells me that I shouldnt have a Greenline destination blind as GS's NEVER ran on them, after listening to his tirade, I crooked my finger at him, "follow me" I said, and took him to the side of the bus, and showed him the magazine!! The silence was deafening!!!! never saw him again!!!!!

Mark (self confessed bus nut!!!!)

I think i could live with a 50s greyhound love the sound,fitted out as a camper,Me and PW driving into the sunset never to see the PRS man ever again leaving behind huge unpaid rate and rent bills,pay them back for all there gestapo tactics.Yeeeeeeear.bring it on.

Thanks for posting CW :thumbsup:

very interesting,though i cant claim to know much about the subject matter at hand, may be its because i can still remember the local trolley buses,Royal Blue, and Excelsior coaches from the early sixties.

Once had a chap at work who could look at a bus and tell you,

Type of bus,

who built the coachwork,

which council /company it was first registered with (and subsequent owners),

and any modification to it during its life time in service .....:shocked:

but ask him to sweep a path correctly no chance.

Ashley

Cheers mate i supose we shouldnt forget the bus crews during WW2 also They took the troops to the front line in WW1.