Sponsor me to abseil down a 96 metre tall building for the RNLI

Rlangham

Donation made. You will enjoy it, if you can get over the utter terror of the leaning back over the edge thing.

I did it with a 7 storey building in Oxford. It was great fun. The best bit was when I went between pillars and there was nothing to kick back on. Just floating (well descending) at a great rate of knots.

Tim (too)

• 4 weeks later...

It's finally caught up with me - at approximately 1130am tomorrow i'll be commencing my abseil down the Royal Liver Building in Liverpool. To date, including gift aid, i've raised £237.31 for the RNLI, and hopefully will raise a bit more too.

Wish me luck!

Well, i'm back home - injured both hands (one I must have smacked against the wall as it was swollen and bloody, the other was completely black on one side and slightly blistered from the rope!), but well worth it. Raised over £300 in total (i'll work it out in a bit), can't decide what was the worst bit - climbing over the handrail and leaning backwards over a 200 foot drop, or the largest part of the descent which involved me basically dangling myself down because there wasn't anything to kick off! Photos to come soon, thanks for everyone's support