FV432/stolly and zil 131 new member

paulob1

Hmm not sure if this is the right place at all as i cant post on other threads for some reason...ho hum...anyway here I am, new member, just bought my FV432 from marcus Glen...get it next week, been a zil and stolly owner for a few years...will be taking the stolly and the 432 to the basingstoke support our troops weekend...anyone else going...

hi neil, are you the neil off the stolly forum and the one that came down to see mine once.

If so yes good to see you here...

I am after anyone with knowledge of the FV432 as i am completely green about these.:)..need some manuals but likely will get them from Vintage manuals in stoke...

Paul

Hi everyone, my 432 is a MK1/2...I love the zils but without diff locks they can get really stuck really easily...stolly never been stuck yet, doesnt go where you want it to in the really deep mud mind....The 432 is totally new and I have a lot to learn about her...looking to get a Ural 375d and possibly a flat bed something to carry them around to shows...

Will try to go to salisbury with the stolly for the bank holiday weekend...will be real fun sounds like....

hi neil, are you the neil off the stolly forum and the one that came down to see mine once.

If so yes good to see you here...

I am after anyone with knowledge of the FV432 as i am completely green about these.:)..need some manuals but likely will get them from Vintage manuals in stoke...

Paul

Yep - thats me mate!! :) I learnt a lot that day - many thanks for the time you gave up,:)

it arrived anmd it is sweet, turns nice and starts on the button, not too much smoke, but a bit...se needs a bit of use I suspect, first step will be to get her painted sand colour and then to start replacing hatch seals and anything else that is gone...she is in a pretty sorry state and needs a good bit of tidying but she will be lovely when finished...

need a set of tracks as well as spares, spare track pads and the back seats etc etc...oh this is going to be fun...

I wouldn't buy a spare set of track unless all the bushes are knackered, but I would buy a few spare links. Pads aren't too expensive, £5 each or so. You will need roadwheels though, they don't last forever and can fall to bits out on the roads. I had the rubber from one over take me once!

There are some pads here:

http://www.thexmod.com/item_detail.asp?id=3521

Chris