Lister 3 Cylinder Diesel engine ?

R Cubed

Hi all, I have a green ( if that's any help ) 3 cylinder Lister diesel engine, and need to carry out an oil change, would anyone know what the recommended oil to use in it is, and how much of it ?

The next question you are all going to ask is what type is it !!!! I have no idea, might get some pics later today, so can anyone point me to a web site which shows the different engines ?

Hi all, I have a green ( if that's any help ) 3 cylinder Lister diesel engine, and need to carry out an oil change, would anyone know what the recommended oil to use in it is, and how much of it ?

The next question you are all going to ask is what type is it !!!! I have no idea, might get some pics later today, so can anyone point me to a web site which shows the different engines ?

Hmmmm in contest with Jack then...... as he goes for a stationary engine when the price of fuel rises :-D

Ashley

You have not given any indication of its size. Lister made engines of numerous sizes and types. I am assuming this is quite large, and thinking that it may be one of the wartime generator power units. If it is, it will water cooled and have a starting handle with adjacent decompressor lever, then on the side of each head, a half compression cock.

• 3 weeks later...

It has a starting handle and electric start, there are 3 de-compression levers on top of rocker covers see pics, bottom pic is of the opposite end to flywheel and cooling fan, shaft for starting handle.

I would say its about 200 to 300 Kg's !!!!

Would like to know the Model and type if possible with engine size cc and HP.

IMG_2634R.jpg

IMG_2636R.jpg

• 1 month later...

your lister is model ST 3 the HP depended on the RPM of the engine

Hi all, I have a green QUOTE]

I believe the company colour was green, must admit often seen these 3 cylinder engines in 40`s-50`s White`s ground care rollers quite a few of which survive to-day.

Ashley

your lister is model ST 3 the HP depended on the RPM of the engine

The engine is not governed so it has a hand throttle but I don't know what the max rev's is ?

doesn't sound very high though !!

Fitted in a hydraulic driven tracked chain trencher, able to cut a 4 inch wide trench up to 4 feet deep and as long as you like !!!!!! and having a digging back hoe at the other end makes it a useful bit of kit.

Edited by R Cubed

The engine is not governed so has a hand throttle but I dont knoe the max rev's does not sound very high !!

your engine should have a plate on the side cover that the injector pumps are behind this plate should give the engine NO and the HP

these engines were used a lot in dumpers and generators

intheyard007.jpg

intheyard004.jpg

My SR is in the Hydraulic powerpack that worked the lifting ram, when my trailer was being used to test runways. The lift ram lifted the 50 Ton Dyson trailer, ballasted to 70 tons, on a single ram working down onto a steel plate on the runway surface, Steel plates varied from 27" down to 9" diameter. Hydraulic pump gives adjustable pressure up to 4000 PSI. The round knob under the guage alters the pressure.

Edited by antarmike