Commer Q2 30cwt GS 1939

Higgins kpt.

Hallo all enthusiast for British wartime trucks,

continue on article about Commer "Beetle",

Im owner Commer Q2 30cwt from 1939,

to my country go this truck shortly after war by UNNRA help project help for Europe.

On doors saving original military number but to this time I dont know wartime story this truck.

Search information and pair tin side engine covers panels,

on my car its not original:cry:, or sear dimensions?

Tomas

Czech republic E.U.

www.fotoalbum.eu/higgins

Hi Tomas, great looking rare truck,................also nice MW in first pic.

Don't know of any of these in preservation in the UK..........which Humber engine is it,......I'm guessing its from one of their cars......

Thanks for shairing pic's with us......:)

All the best,

Andy

Hi Andy,

I thank you!

Im enthusiast for British war time vehicles long time,

this Commer was after war here members vilage fire brigade re-build to

"bus", I must make complet new body about perfet pictures and dimensions from second owner this Commer 30cwt in England.

Think this Commer was on picture from new movie "as in Dunkerque 1940"

(sorry I not remember name this movie)

In side was orig. engine (licence Humber six cylinder engine),

but this engine was on full leiht broken and have small cylinders-

cca 2000cc(!) orig. must be over 4000cc.

I change engine from Humber Super Snipe staff car, but this second engine is in not good condition and make me every time problems.

regards

Tomas

• 3 years later...
That link doesn't work, but I was just looking at the advert. Almost like a few locals sneaked onto the beach after Dunkirque and snaffled it away into a shed!!! An amazing survivor!
im in contact with owner,

I see more pictures, its nice project for reconstruction, but its very, very, very expensive price.

oh,oh, I cry....:cry:

im in contact with owner,

I see more pictures, its nice project for reconstruction, but its very, very, very expensive price.

oh,oh, I cry....:cry:

If you have more pictures, would you like to share them?

how much is it then ? :D

Don't know about this one, but last year the same seller offered a Morris Commercial C4 GS, "older restoration, complete but not running (electricals to renew)", for 16000 €....

But you've got to hand it to him, he has a knack for finding unusal & rare stuff! :thumbsup:

Don't know about this one, but last year the same seller offered a Morris Commercial C4 GS, "older restoration, complete but not running (electricals to renew)", for 16000 €....

But you've got to hand it to him, he has a knack for finding unusal & rare stuff! :thumbsup:

Owner wait best offer , think over 10000euros.....

I like this small Commer(little brother for my Q2), but this high price is over me.

I dont know how much be price this car after full reconstruction?

Tom

19JUIN2012 097.jpg

19JUIN2012 099.jpg

19JUIN2012 101.jpg

Owner wait best offer , think over 10000euros.....

I like this small Commer(little brother for my Q2), but this high price is over me.

I dont know how much be price this car after full reconstruction?

Tom

Not much more than that, I wouldn't have thought, by comparison with restored stuff that's about. Is it just me, or are people asking (and sometimes paying) really stupid money for stuff these days?

Not much more than that, I wouldn't have thought, by comparison with restored stuff that's about. Is it just me, or are people asking (and sometimes paying) really stupid money for stuff these days?
I respect owner idea, owner is owner, but this price is over me, maybe not sale, maybe be better time......

The rear body is correct (though looking at the advert, the ironwork on the tailgate is missing - how did that happen?); as are the rear wheels. No idea though where you'd find replacements for the front wheels.

Love the art-deco instruments!

Is E10k too much for a unique vehicle? Debateable considering the price of jeeps...

There's a picture and spec of one of these Q15 in Vanderveen's Historic Military Vehicles Directory (page 152). It is said to have a 4 cylinder Humber 14hp engine (which you can see in the pictures) and 7.50-20 wheels; so a very different vehicle to say the Q2, which was also a 15cwt.

I don't recall seeing this precise style of body on other British vehicles, though not sure how different it is to those found on early wooden bodied CMPs.

There's a picture and spec of one of these Q15 in Vanderveen's Historic Military Vehicles Directory (page 152). It is said to have a 4 cylinder Humber 14hp engine (which you can see in the pictures) and 7.50-20 wheels; so a very different vehicle to say the Q2, which was also a 15cwt.

I don't recall seeing this precise style of body on other British vehicles, though not sure how different it is to those found on early wooden bodied CMPs.

For reference:

Commer%20Q15.jpg

The cargo body is correct, just a variation on the standard British 15-cwt theme, but it looks to be a unique variation with many detail differences.

Commer%20general-purpose%20loose%20tilt%20vans%201940.jpg

• Like 1