CVR(T) Thingy??

Marmite!!

Interesting. No commander's sight? Blanked off night sight and GPMG position. I presume it used to be a Scimitar judging by the "gun". The engine side decks: are they standard after the diesel conversion?

Gut instinct tells me the tubes on the turret sides contain some sort of munition which fits over the barrel like a rifle grenade, to be propelled by a blank round (30mm?)

Vince,

It looks like the sprockets and idlers are the early pattern ones. These rear idlers are a bad idea, as if the rubber fails the track can come off. The early sprockets are also a problem because the mud can't escape.

Chris

Hi Mark,

The photos weren't taken by me, they were taking for me by someone working out there. They managed to get one of the Scorpions running! It's in a tank park with loads of stuff, Chieftains, T55s etc. The US Army are planning on destroying it all, which is a shame. I have some more, I'll post them when I get home.

Chris

Hi Mark,

The US Army are planning on destroying it all

Chris

I remember reading about a guy in a recce regiment in one of the sandpits prior to the war (I suspect Telic). Somebody had invited a squadron of A10 pilots over for a spot of close-up recognition training to avoid a repeat of the blue-on-blue that occurred on Granby - waste of time that was then. (I think by this time the A10 had passed into use solely by ANG.)

This guy was incredulous when this senior ANG pilot. on being presented with a Scimitar, asked "Why on earth do you guys drive around in BMPs?"

I really cannot bring my self to comment on this.

Just to comment on what Alien has posted above, when I was in the TA my CVRT driver was an Ex Fusilier who was involved with the infamous blue on blue in GW1, and the comment made about CVRT/BMP was heard mentioned then in that situation. Though of course it was Warrior involved at the time.

Barry.