Hi - I have only been a member a few days but may be addicted!

thor698

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thor- easy to upload video on HMVF TV. Select the link from the homepage adn it's all pretty self explanatory. I think it's the same as uploading photos if I remmember right. Can then be linked to the forum I believe/ Cheers. Nice pics. Thanks for posting

:tup::

Heres a few of my truck through the years engines and resprays.:)

One with the original meadows in

Then there some with it out and a 680 going in

Then with the back axle out and diff out

Then the TL12 (the dud one - all that work and the sodding thing blew within 50 miles big end went - gutted ):argh:

We are still trying to track down some of gear boxes and walking beams and clutch behaving badly - if I find them I will post them !!:cool2:

OSJ698-with petrol.jpg

OSJ698-engine out.jpg

OSJ698-engine out 1.jpg

OSJ698-back axle out.jpg

OSJ698-diff out.jpg

TL12-offering up 1.jpg

TL12-in.jpg

TL12-Mark.jpg

Here are some pictures of the scrapper I picked up from severn beach recoveries.

Used and abused by the time I got it the back chassis had been gassed out and the front ripped off from heavy winching. Wish I had taken a few pictures when I picked her up - she had a tree growing up between the front axle and it had bent the track rod.:(

She went to the local scrap yardyard and was gassed up and her spares have been used to keep mine going :)

As you can see she was in a bad way.

Scrapper.jpg

Scrapper 1.jpg

Scrapper 2.jpg

Scrapper 3.jpg

Scrapper 4.jpg

Here a few more from the archives !!

Efnicks engine - a merc

Efnick on the back of LSU when purchased

Efnick with a rim rusted to the hub- she is on the bank with the wheel nuts off being hit with a sledge hammer to get it off - it worked.

There are two of LSU when she was green playing at Stanton Drew a good few years ago now

No Nuts - when first back from Wales and hit wiltshire (GPS owns her now)

:)

Efnick-merc.jpg

Efnick-1st.jpg

Efnick.jpg

LSU.jpg

LSU 1.jpg

No Nuts.jpg

Right - for those of you into utter flith here a few for you.

Avon Dassett in the late nineties - lots of mud and loads of fun !!

Dirty Dorset - 1998 - the first year mine was there - we think there is ten in the line up camera not big enough.

Avon Dassett.jpg

Avon Dassett 1.jpg

Avon Dassett 2.jpg

Dirty Dorest 1998.jpg

Hi Thor and GPS ! Great pictures ! Would you mind posting them again in the Explorer Gallery thread as some people may have not picked them up on this thread ! It would be a shame if a few people missed em ! Regards Andy :-D

Hi Andy-yeah of course - it took a while to get the photos, scan and sort them. Now thats done they are much easier to post !:)

your cousin cam round and had a look at pics ,:yay:he liked:dancinggirls:he wishes his computer was working :cry: so i posted story about brothers gearbox. i took dictation , could not keep up and had to tell him to slow down.still i think it makes sence.

his bellhousing looks good had to check that we could turn thrust bearing leaver round to turn it into a pull insted of a push so the clutch will work, and it will :-D he is now a happy boy full steam ahead.

your cousin cam round and had a look at pics ,:yay:he liked:dancinggirls:he wishes his computer was working :cry: so i posted story about brothers gearbox. i took dictation , could not keep up and had to tell him to slow down.still i think it makes sence.

his bellhousing looks good had to check that we could turn thrust bearing leaver round to turn it into a pull insted of a push so the clutch will work, and it will :-D he is now a happy boy full steam ahead.

i saw him today he was putting sump on:-Dwell sat in his 4x4 with the heater on:rofl::rofl:

Here are a few pics of the roof off of Thor - as you can see she is not so good:shocked:

Got a do a few more panels around the bottom of the cab.

Thanks Daz for the telegraph pole idea - worked a treat :cool2:

Roof.jpg

Roof1.jpg

Roof2.jpg

Roof3.jpg

That's been fitted in very well Thor698, what did it come out of and what are the specs please?

Thank you - It was from a Leyland Roadtrain this engine but had the marathon manafolds from the 1st TL12 as the turbo was hung very low.

Its 12.5 litres, 273BHP orignally a AEC760 block. When Leyland brought AEC they turbo charged and spent improving the performance, they were ahead of there time using a Bocsh injection pump. There was a right up a few years ago in a classic commercial mag that the Roadtrain with the TL12 Leyland done a break test in imperial but by this time everybody was metric-they calculated over to metric and it equated to 298BHP - nice !!:cool2:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...