Timber for old MV's

madrat

Question

Hi all,

Apart from the scammells I presume that a number of MV's use timber in their construction and I would be interested to hear what you restorers out there have used?

Does anyone have any suggestions of what to use, or indeed what not to use?! And are there any online suppliers worth speaking to?

There's quite a lot of wood missing from the scammell so I need to find something relatively economical, there was so little left of my scammell I'm not too concerned about originality although I welcome any comments!

Thanks in advance,

Duncan

Spoke to a friend of mine recently who runs a demolition firm about reclaimed timber. Unfortunatley most is now puplped as the work of getting nails etc out just dosent make it worth selling on. so saying our local free friday ads paper often has reclaimed timber.

Spoke to a friend of mine recently who runs a demolition firm about reclaimed timber. Unfortunatley most is now puplped as the work of getting nails etc out just dosent make it worth selling on. so saying our local free friday ads paper often has reclaimed timber.

If you ever go into a yard that's what all the numpties standing around are for :cool2: . stacking , de-nailing and learning to write invoices while you calculate the VAT and tell them how much it is .

If you ever go into a yard that's what all the numpties standing around are for :cool2: . stacking , de-nailing and learning to write invoices while you calculate the VAT and tell them how much it is .

If you find a very large Diamond T driven by a very large irritated man coming through the front door, you'll know I passed the comment on. :cool2: