Hi There from Kidderminster !

Steve 82

Just a quick introduction - been involved around restoration for many years, and started aquiring my own ehicles about 10 years ago.

My main interest centres around WW2 and NATO German vehicles with their associated signals equipment. I currently run:

1945 (March) VW82 Kubelwagen

1964 Unimog 404 telex truck with trailer/power unit

1974 VW181 Kubelwagen radio car

Enjoy making the full systems to work (am a licenced radio ham) and regularly take the vehicles out to practice original operating procedures (usually involving gassing over the radio to others with similarly disturbing hobbies in UK and Europe). Mostly take part in VMARS (Vintage Military and Ammateur Radio Society) meetings at present - and of course Beltring with the VW181 Kubel.

Would really like to get together with a 1950`s - 1980`s NATO / Warsaw Pact re-enactment theme, so if anyone has any ideas, please PM me.

Next project - currently researching and tracking components for an Opel Blitz radio truck restoration.

Will Post my pics under the relavent section heading.

Cheers

Steve

Kidderminster

Hi Steve. I thought you were in warmer climes. Don't worry the Uni's still under the sheet in the unit and I haven't run into it with the Hippo. Believe it or not I am having a tidy up!! Honest. New beam racking to store my bits on and a bench with a light and...............

Phil.

Hi Mark,

This probably seems the best place to post a few recent pics of my operational vehicles so here goes:

VW82 1945 :

DSCF4035s.jpg

1964 Unimog 404 teleprinter truck and trailer mounted generator:

1974 VW181 radio car

DSCF3651s.jpg

DSCF3652s.jpg

All the best

Steve

DSCF1574s.jpg

DSCF1578s.jpg

DSCF1568s.jpg

all cammed-up.jpg

nice rear end.jpg

Radio room.jpg

Siemens power unit.jpg

VW181.jpg

Edited by Steve 82

Hi Steve,

Great looking collection of vehicles, you've got;

As Lee has already posted, dunno if you've been back to wwiireenacting since you posted your thread,..which has been moved into ;Off topic, and as lee also rightly said needs to be 'joined', to view.

You've certainly started a conversation there. :-D, and a question HAS been asked if you own anything wwii,........which of course, you do.:)

Welcome to the FRIENDLY Forum.

All the best,

Andy

Would really like to get together with a 1950`s - 1980`s NATO / Warsaw Pact re-enactment theme, so if anyone has any ideas, please PM me.

Cheers

Steve

Kidderminster

Hi and welcome,

Met a chap and his wife at Beltring a couple of years ago who owned a vw van (Bundesweher) with all the radio kit etc.

Ashley

Ashley

Andy,

Thanks for the heads-up on the wwiireenactmant forum, but after registering my interest to view the off topic content 2 weeks back - the system still keeps telling me that my 'application is being considered'. Life is too short to worry about such things, and the encouragement received from all at this forum more than makes up for the disappointment of the other.

Looking forward to post my NATO and WW2 vehicle pics / research on here in due course.

Regards

Steve