Brooklands military day

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Brooklands Military Vehicle Day Sunday 16/11/2008

Brooklands Military Vehicle Day Military Vehicle Entry will entitle free entry to 2 Adults and 2 children only For more information please contact or visit Jeremy Hall on 07989-833895

Website http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/

Email: events@brooklandsmuseum.com

Before you ask .YES

• 2 weeks later...

Its a strange world during the war the site did eveything in its power to destroy german war machinary,mercedes being on the hit list,now they own the site ,something not quite right about that.:(

Mum just posted the booking forms off so yea looks like were goin. Hopefully gonna take it off roading again. Looking forward to it.

Hi

did you drive through Kingston this morning?

saw a 101 with some sort of red badge and wide tyres on it thundering in the opposite direction but I wasn't quick enough to :yay:

• 2 weeks later...
May do this in the 101 if it's ready. If no wll come for a look in the car with my mother. Will the off road course be open?

HI MATE if you do make it and go in the car come and look for us jeep HFO164 and you

can come in the jeep around the 4 x 4 course steve

HI MATE if you do make it and go in the car come and look for us jeep HFO164 and you

can come in the jeep around the 4 x 4 course steve

Bring you wellies they like to get stuck in the water hole:-D

Compared to previous years the weather started out ok,By the time the rain arrived we had finished the off rd course so were ready for lunch.

I think the organisers deserve a mention,the event was not swamped with to much H&S,but all sensable precautions were taken.Thanks to those involved.

Also i hate to say it but Mercedes must be thanked for allowing the vehicles on there off rd course.This year they also allowed two set aside viewing areas for non driving visitors actually on the course,and they were ferried back and fourth by a routemaster.Without the off rd facility i think this event at this time of the year would struggle.

The number of vehicles attending was good allthough the pattern for smaller vehicles was evident,i think pat counted 30 jeeps,Landrover nos were also high.Yes i know i took one.

Champ attendence was good also.

The prize of the day went to the GMC Refueler,a regular at several of the events recently.

HMVF members that i know were Steve Ryan,Grasshopper,Chris godward.

and here they are.

Brooklands2008062.jpg

Think he enjoyed his day.

Brooklands2008052.jpg

Grasshopper at the wheel

Brooklands2008074.jpg

Not quite sure what hand signal he was giving here.