Greetings from Hong Kong

Snapper

What ho chaps,

I'm out here going bonkers in Honkers for some unearthly reason and I thought I'd say hello because I am unlikely to travel this far from Snapper towers again.

This is a wild city of seven million happy people. We think James is the tallest person here so far, including a lot of Kiwis and Aussies here for the big rugby match next weekend.

Highlights for sad comedians so far include a shop called Wanko and a Belgian woman on the plane who tried to read the sick bag because she thought it was a pamphlet. Sorry Belgium. No more cheap shots from this round eyed devil.

Hopefully we'll be off to see a couple of war cemeteries on Hong Kong Island tomorrow or Wednesday. Meantime all my daughter does is shop.

She brought her own money....:coffee:

That's me done. I'll be on air again now and again. It is 2227 in the evening here; eight hours ahead of Blighty.

MB

Goodness sake - I am sure in the staff meeting we voted a big NO to Snapper going away to HK for week...his passport is still here in the safe. Like I said in the meeting - we really don't need a far eastern office at this moment in time, we have only just set up the Belgium branch:sweat:

Not wrong, TB, not wrong.

Passed the former HMS Tamar today. Now a PLA base. In Stanley they have a few post boxes as display items. We found a pizza express and the manager was from Kilburn. He's ethnic Chinese and came here for the climate. We did get to Sai Wan and Stanley war cemeteries.I've been to plenty in my time, but none like these. There will be a full report when I get back. I've taken a billion snaps. This is the first time I have seen Dutch military graves..and at Stanley there were five GCs and too many little children who died in captivity. Heartbreaking.

That's me done....

HKMVF out

Yep....same road signs, rather nice actually. Back to reality this morning in London E1....the professional tea drinkers in my house are giving my wife gip and this spreads down to me. But that's life...Barnesworld in chaos. No change there then. I'll get on to a snaps and words thing on the cemeteries as soon as I've sorted out some situations....once the loft is done I will try and rescue my career as a snapper and scribe. Meantime still waiting for the tap on the shoulder from Mr Murdoch. So HK was a diversion....skint now though..

M

ahh Hong Kong, went there on a two week holiday as a 20 year old lad and stayed for 2 years. as you do. wonder if you found the sleezy nightclub I worked at as a bouncer :-D Crossroads nightclub in wanchai if anyone knows it

Edited by melchy