Dartford Crossing - Toll increases

ArtistsRifles

Heard yesterday that the toll charges levied on the Dartford Crossing are to increase again as of Nov 15th. Charges between 6 am and 10 pm will rise to:

Ordinary Car - £1.50

2-Axle Goods - £2.00

Multi-axle Goods - £3.70

Slightly better news is that the charges for travel between 10 pm and 6am are planned to be removed as will the doubling charge for a trailer.

And - apparently - the contract between the French company currently running the crossing and the Gov't ends next year - with a General Election in the offing it's not expected that the contract will be renewed...

Wonder if we can all arrive at W&P after 10 pm???? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bit of good news then . Always made a point of going the other way round the 25 if I'm heading for the west country (& from here it's pretty much as broad as it's long) .

Only since I went through going on holiday a few years back and got stitched up for 2x commercial rate as I was in my pick up truck towing my caravan.

Wonder if we can all arrive at W&P after 10 pm????

If they let you arrive after 10pm! This year the booking in closed around then, and the Polish secret police security guards would not let anyone past. Some friends arrived at about 10:05pm and were told they would need to sleep in the car untill the next morning. Luckily about 50 other people arrived in the next 20mins and Rex had to come and open the booking in tent.

I've heard they are supposed to be putting an extra lane each side of M25 between M11 and Dartford crossing before the Olympics to relieve expected traffic chaos - anyone able to substantiate this? (they'd better get a move on!!!)

Don't think so... I live almost on top of J28... (one before M11) They have just spent the last year putting a new slip road (clockwise) off J28 on to the A12 but I haven't heard anything about widening... it may of been planned as the counrty park in Brentwood was supposed to be used for the mountain bike part of the olympics but that has now changed...

Don't think so... I live almost on top of J28... (one before M11) They have just spent the last year putting a new slip road (clockwise) off J28 on to the A12 but I haven't heard anything about widening... it may of been planned as the counrty park in Brentwood was supposed to be used for the mountain bike part of the olympics but that has now changed...

Just found this....

http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/documents/Section_4_NTS_Web_Version.pdf

http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/documents/M25J28.pdf

Just googled M25 widening and 27 to 30 has all been detail planned (see links to Contract Journal), but no indication of when....or if now, given our perilous state!

Well if I can't get out of my road one day I'll know they have started widening it :argh:

Can't find the URL now - but I did read that Thurrock council are pressing for a trial period whereby the tolls are removed and the booths left open for traffic flow as an experiment - they say, and a lot of the green groups agree with them, that the toll booths cause more pollution, not less as the Gov't claims....

AhAAA ! Paid for stop charging! It paid for it self years ago. Then someone came up with 'While we have them used to paying, and its bringing in £300,000 a day. Let's keeping them paying, then we don't have to pay for maintinence, and Essex and kent council get a large rake off''. I belive Scotland and Wales have done away with all Tolls, yet the South East and London are hells bent on more charges.

As said in the first post the chancellor of the day, a certain mr G. Brown decided that, rather than keep the promise made to the electorate of removing the tolls he would sell the crossing's contract to a French company.... That contract ends next year...

And our beloved Gov't no longer refers to the charges levied at the Dartford crossing as a "Toll Charge" but as a "Congestion Charge"....

Hope this hasnt strayed too far/close to the dreaded "P" realm!!!