colour for a series 1 Land Rover

Ian Dunn

Hi Ian,

I know there were varations in colour depending on year,Degsy is probably the man to ask for exact info.

I do have a military Series 1 handbook,I'll see it that mentions finish.

Matt.

If we are talking Military S1 I seem to remember them in RAF blue and Navy blue but memory could be playing tricks. I think the people to ask would our new member, Sue and her friends from the EMLRA, they should be able to give a definitive answer.

Cheers

Degsy

The very first 80" were all cockpit light green as standard. The basic colour changed to deep bronze green when the army ordered. If it's a later S1 then bronze green was still standard but it could have left the factory Navy blue or grey.

Sue

Thanks for that Sue,my memory hasn't gone completely then :? I well remember the Light Green on the pre-production models but have just given away a huge collection of reference material so not sure how long it lasted on production vehicles if at all.

Cheers

Degsy

Thanks for the info so far.

Last night at our MVT meeting he was saying that he was going to finish it i9n NATO green (as someone had painted it this colour in the past) but i said i was sure broze green was used up until series 11a's were in service (which would count out s1's) and i seem to remember that s1's were bronze green with silver/aluminium trim.

Ian

Hi Ian

As you can see you are right, the aluminium you mention is actually called Birmabright and is still available on LR parts. The military 80" which

I listed on the forum for sale has had all its alloy trim "re-Birmabrighted"

ready to be rebuilt.

Cheers

Degsy

• 3 weeks later...