landrover bompers

chevpol

Question

Morning all,

I cant remember if I have asked this question or not, but, my new toy (Landrover series3 ffr 68HG57) has got a brand new civvy bumper fitted, can I just put the bumperettes onto the civvy bumper? Or do I need to get a proper military one?

Also, it has a civvy rear crossmember fitted, how easy is it to fit a military one?

I await the knowledgeable replies

Mark

Edited by chevpol

8 answers to this question

Has it had the original one replaced with a civvy member or is it a CL Spec landrover with is a military landrover based on a civvy spec truck? Easy way to tell if it has external fuel filler or is military under seat fill tanks.

genuine military ffr, not cl, bloke I am buying it off said he bought it with a civvy cross member, fuel filler under seats.

Mark

Depending how the civvy crossmember has been fitted it could be a lot of work to replace it.

Most civvy crossmembers tend to get fitted with extensions onto the chassis rail, short or long depending on chassis condition. It'll be hard work to grind these off again. Most Military crossmembers seem to come without extensions from what I've seen.

Unless the replacements rotten I'd be very tempted to go with Tony B's solution. Done well it should be almost undetectable.

genuine military ffr, not cl, bloke I am buying it off said he bought it with a civvy cross member, fuel filler under seats.

Mark

You've got the same problem as me then mate!!!!:) And to confuse people even more - my off-side rear wing has been replaced at some time whilst in service with a civvy one that has the rear filler aperture. This is plated & rivetted with the under-seat tanks still in situ -but it still gets people saying it's a "done up" civvy one. :argh: