Yet Another Ward La France restoration project.

Stormin

Thanks Supertrack.

Looks like I've a few less holes in my floor. Presumably down to it being GMC again.

The most worrying one now is that I don't have the large hole were I've now discovered a battery tray drops in to set the battery below floor level. I'm now part way through making new seat box/risers and not entirely sure they're tall enough to clear my battery if it sits on a flat floor.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Stormin;

Hope all is well. Do you have any updates on the project. I know the young one takes up all your time. Just something to look forward to, my son, who is 12 1/2 years old, is starting to be a great help around the shop. He did most of the painting of the primer on the Diamond T bed and he is already asking me to show him what "double clutching" is, as he has laid claim to the series 2 Ward thatt was delivered in January.

John Gott

a friend have this for the battery

i make something look like this but i don't know realy who is the good box ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33004[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33003[/ATTACH]

That is the same battery tray fitted to my truck so I think it is the correct one. I have not seen even an incidental photo of one in any of the TMs.

Norman - you will need to cut the floor out to have a chance of getting the batteries in under the seat. However watch out for the top of the fuel tank. My battery frame rests on the top of the tank and I have inserted a thin sheet of rubber between the two to prevent damage.

See below photos of the cutout.

P1080014-1.jpg

P1080013-1.jpg

Also a pdf of the hole you will need to cut.

- MG

WLF floor panel battery tray cut-out.pdf