Vehicle Record Card Deciphering

andreadavide

Just received from the RLC Museum the card of my Land Rover, but now I have to understand its meaning.

My land rover was built "on or about 13th September 1963"

2829884511_c86580512a_b.jpg,

then, after four years she started service with the 101 Provost company RMP, then a few BVD (whatever this means) before being sent to Belgium and finally disposed.

2842174753_16e6ed81b1_o.jpg

Could anyone be so kind to explain the meaning of the abbreviations?

The vehicle was "class 2" from 7/67 to 7/69, what does this mean?

Finally, It seems that 67EK91 was used for just five years, and this may explain why she has never been repainted while in service.....

Andrea

I suspect that the card was filled a few years after the DIS.

If you look at the tiny printing at the bottom of the card you may see the "part number" code for the card and the batch print date. The card itself seems to have been printed in February 1968.

2845100589_3b3bbe624a_b.jpg

I suspect that the card was a transcript from a previous one, therefore, after all, maybe the vehicle was used between 1963 and 1967, just they omitted to copy all the previous passages on the card.

July 1963 may have been the contract date. I can be assured about this because Land Rover Traceability sent me a reproduction of the factory records. My vehicle is the last one, built in September 1963 and sent to CVD Marchington

2829888387_72a2fcffc5_o.jpg

Who did use the vehicle before 101 Provost Company RMP BAOR will remain a mistery....

Andrea

Edited by andreadavide
Made too many typing miskates 8-)

The vehicle was "class 2" from 7/67 to 7/69, what does this mean?

Class is the Reliability Classification & the dates give the period for which it applies. This is derived from the age of the vehicle from entry into service irrespective of the time spent in depots.

Class 1 - for first 60% of planned life

Class 2 - for next 40% of planned life

Class 3 - over planned life

These are laid down in EMER MANAGEMENT N 523. Where repairs are required the life is also influenced by average mileage, cost of repair & cost of replacement. These criteria vary in theatres & are laid down in

EMER MANAGEMENT N 524 - Repair limits UK (incl NI, BATUS, GIB)

EMER MANAGEMENT N 525 - Repair limits BAOR

EMER MANAGEMENT N 526 - Repair limits FARELF

EMER MANAGEMENT N 527 - Repair limits other theatres