Forum Spell checker....

Jack

Install and use the Google Chrome web browser - spell Check is built into that already (even if it doesn't actually recognize the word "Google"!!!)

Does it recognise recognise?

I really REALLY hate the abominal contradiction-in-terms that is US English. How can it be English if it is American? And why must I qualify English as UK English. It's JUST ENGLISH.

And why do software packages come with a "US English" language package but not a real English package?

Grrr.

• 3 months later...

Apparently we had a spell checker all the time:confused:

vBulletin has no built in spell checker. But if you are using the IE browser then vBulletin's standard and advanced editors will show a little spell check icon in the top right of the editor which uses IE's spell check.

It may ask you to download a bit of software first for it to work if you do not have ieSpell already, it doesn't add another toolbar to your browser, just the ieSpell button. Once done the spell checker is integrated with the forum..

• 11 months later...

I've had a couple of PM's about forum spell checkers so will reply here.. you if using IE you need to download this bit of software http://www.iespell.com/download.php less than 2mb you might have to run the add on first time you use it (security warning) the spell check will then be available from the advance editor in the top right hand corner... you can also access ispell on other forums or if you do not use the advance editor if you set it to use on all sites during install, you can then find it in the right click menu.

ispell.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!

"Advanced editor?"

I've only just found out this exists and changed my settings. Should make adding smilies easier than having to refer to the FAQ list. I guess it's also how people manage to get photo's within the text rather than a block afterwards.

Why isn't this the default editor when registering for the forum?

If only I'd read the instructions earlier! :embarrassed:

"Advanced editor?"

Why isn't this the default editor when registering for the forum?

If only I'd read the instructions earlier! :embarrassed:

Some members prefer the standard editor.. you'd be suprised how many members have never read the FAQ's & know nothing about the forum features..

FAQ's here http://www.hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/faq.php for those that haven't spotted the button at the top of the page

Edited by Marmite!!

this is a good idea , I was just about to add dictionary to the wifes shopping list as the one i use is dropping to bits :readbook: , when i first joined the forum sometimes it would take so long to reply to some threads with a long reply that when hitting the "Submit Reply" tab was asked to sign in again and my reply was then lost :banghead: ,, so if I now think that the reply has taken a while to write I'll left click highlight the reply then right click mouse and hit copy , then if reply is lost can just start again and only takes seconds to right click then paste the reply ,,

Stormin=

Well most of us on here are blokes. We don't ask for directions, and don't generally read instruction manuals

Think this is why we get lost so often and for the wife to say " we've been past here three times now What have you seen" down-loaded spell checker and all that its pointed out is Stormin will now look out for this on other forums now:-)