The remarkable carlos codina

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I model incontinance pants, but you wouldn't want to see that.

That before, during or after burning your sofa.............:cool2:

Great model, CW,......any idea's how long it took to complete.......

Andy

Edited by LeeEnfield
spelling

That before, during or after burning your sofa.............:cool2:

Great model, CW,......any idea's how long it took to complete.......

Andy

ANdy i dont know have only just come across him.i was hoping some of our members were into this and could tell us,or even show us some more.

Wrong thread, this is a DIORAMA, :-D not really my thing but pretty good all the same, nice pix CW.

I know what you meen Bernard,but i think if i had time,money,and better eyes i wouldnt be able to resist a railway.But what a clever chap he is.

I know what you meen Bernard,but i think if i had time,money,and better eyes i wouldnt be able to resist a railway.But what a clever chap he is.

One of my neighbors has an extensive and cheap model railway growing in his garden for many years, it's all made up of stuff from boot fairs, not to scale but fantastic.

It has all the usual landscape stuff and even a gravel pit with conveyor belts, stream with frogmen, all very busy and the tiny rock plants and weeds look perfect!

The only thing he has bought are the engines, 3.25 gauge, cuddly tank engines, shunters an such, even got a couple of MVs so still on topic!

One of my neighbors has an extensive and cheap model railway growing in his garden for many years, it's all made up of stuff from boot fairs, not to scale but fantastic.

It has all the usual landscape stuff and even a gravel pit with conveyor belts, stream with frogmen, all very busy and the tiny rock plants and weeds look perfect!

The only thing he has bought are the engines, 3.25 gauge, cuddly tank engines, shunters an such, even got a couple of MVs so still on topic!

I have gone off the topics,now on caramac,there was at weymouth a bldng with several railway set ups in it,think it has gone now,one of them was an invasion harbour,it had camps barges,ships rlways.divers,the longer you looked the more you saw,wonder where it went.sadly didnt get a picture.

Most of my modelling is in 1/76-72 scale but i do at times have a go at larger items in 1/35 i am slowly building a collection of Montgomerys HQ vehicles as used in Europe. The photos attached are a couple from my 1/76 collection and show a Haulmatic 15 ton dump truck , acouple of photos in construction and two finished the last as i intended with the twin axle tilt bed trailer with a Michigan tractor load. the second is a diorama called last snows and depicts US armour on the move following the collapse of the German forces in the Ardenne

hmvf1.jpg

hmvf2.jpg

hmvf3.jpg

hmvf4.jpg

5.jpg

hmvf6.jpg

hmvf7.jpg

hmvf8.jpg

Hi Les,thanks for pics.its probably difficult to say how long these things take to make as you dont do it all at once,but do you have a rough guide for the diaramas.what medium do you work in mainly.cheers cw.

C.W in all the years i have been making models i have never really bothered to count the hours butthe snows diorama took around 45 hours. I work in all medias plastic, resin, metal etched brass i often use metal wheels and undercarrage on a lot of my plastic and resin models. Some i scatch build others i convert and some i just super detail the kits and some are good whilst others can be a nightmare and often when this problem starts i go on to something else and come back to the problem model in stages, i have plenty more to show if theres a interest

cheers

Les

Well i am interested Les.but people are slow to reply,it sometimes feels like your the only one left in the world,but i am sure plenty of people view,it would be nice if a few more got involved,So come on out there lets have some encouragement.or we will all go back to stamp collecting and leave you to get on with it.:rofl:

Well i am interested Les.but people are slow to reply,it sometimes feels like your the only one left in the world,but i am sure plenty of people view,it would be nice if a few more got involved,So come on out there lets have some encouragement.or we will all go back to stamp collecting and leave you to get on with it.:rofl:

I appreciate what you are saying, CW, but hopefully people are reading and enjoying our posts :)

I like to see the models of military vehices as well, so keep posting them, have been trying to get some shots of a few of mine from the past, but digi camera does not do real close ups, will have to have another go.

I spotted a picture of Forceful in an advert for a metal Explorer model kit,

emailed the firm and got a complimentary model back! A bit small though, tried to put it together but it was too fiddly for me and it's stuck in a drawer somewhere. Any one want it?

I often wonder why no one seems to make a decent kit of an Explorer. Loads of Pioneers though.

I very much enjoy the postings of models. I wish i had the skill to do them. I quite fancy a scale link model of a WW1 Dennis, but as the kit costs over £80 and i know by the time i would finish it, that it would look like it had been in an accident i have not attempted it. I am also always short of time so there is another excuse.

I know what you mean about some posts apparently getting minimal interest, but trust me, i look at just about everything on HMVF and enjoy it all. I just dont always post repsonses as i dont often have anything useful to add and it all takes time. I promise to try and add more replies in the future even if they are pointless or rambling like the message i am writing now.

Tim (too)

Well Les theres your answer,thanks everybody,and dont forget lots of members at Military Mayhem,i am off there now, so all quiet on the western front till monday.CW.

I do like to make models of the heavies and this is a all resin 1/76 kit by Convoy of the White 666 truck with a 20 ton Rogers plant trailer, i have on the bench at the moment albeit in the early stages a Le Tournau dozer to mount on the back. The completed truck and trailer are now on a base waiting the load

hmvf1.jpg

hmvf2.jpg

hmvf3.jpg

hmvf4.jpg

hmvf5.jpg

Just to prove i do dabble in larger scales heres a photo of a Ford F22 gun tractor i built for a chap in North Kent a long time ago, he had the real thing and at the time was selling it on and wanted a keepsake his name was Brian (forgotton his second name) but he is still in to military vehicles and i believe now owns a Landrover 101

Richard, remember this Thornycroft you built it from scratch way back in the days of the Ashford military model club i will let you havethe print next time we meet up

cheers

Les

hmvf4.jpg

hmvf5.jpg