German bunker in garden-Jersey.

Rick W

thanks for that I have tried the mark lamerton book but what I am really after is pics to check on position etc of tank markings,I spoke to mark but he could not find any good pics but promised to keep looking so when I was in Jersey in may I went to the war tunnels and went through thier records but could only find pics showing the wrong angle or just to poor quality to help,also a friend is looking for details of cmp trucks taken by 135

cheers Nigel

no problem at all what are you looking for in the archives ?because if it is military I found the man at the underground hospital research centre most obliging when I was looking for pictures of force 135 vehicles

Nigel

Any chance of a contact detail for this man? I have found out that force 135 had a Ford WOA2, as one partly appears in a photo in a magazine I found once. Just wondering if there are any more photos of the vehicle.

as you say Tony panzer abt 213 were the only panzer battalion never to fire a shot in anger although when it arrived in Jersey in march 1942 it was mainly made up of young new recruits but did contain some seasoned veterans and as the war progressed many of the younger recruits were transfered to fight elsewhere

Nigel