For anyone in to Motorsport.....

Lord Burley

I will be attending the annual Fighting Torque super car shoot out tomorrow.The venue this year has changed from Wattisham Air station to RAF Bentwaters,due to distance and safety.One of my mates,is trying to get his boss to give him permission to fly a AH64 the short trip over for us all to have a good look at.The event is going to be filmed for Top Gear and will feature in Autocar magazine.My first three runs are up against some serious opposition.1.TVR Sagaris 2.Lamborgini Murcilago3.Dodge Viper,then in to the knock out stages.Whilst there i will try and get some pics of the base,as it was last used by the 81st TFW flying A10,s.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Still recovering from sunday.But what a day,will post some photos later.One thing though.Some of the race marshalls were easy on the eye.Heres a taster. .............................

girlsvett.jpg

Nowonder she cops the needle when you attend these events.come and take that orrible l/r away.:rofl:

Black bra under white ,black roots how awful.

Birds like that are always at these events,and she knows it.She gets the ump,because she thinks that one day,i will end up getting killed at one of these events,and she,s left to sort out disposal of the vehicles.Her wish nearly came true at one point on sunday.

Birds like that are always at these events,and she knows it.She gets the ump,because she thinks that one day,i will end up getting killed at one of these events,and she,s left to sort out disposal of the vehicles.Her wish nearly came true at one point on sunday.

Tell her from me dont worry about disposing of the vehicles,all those behind my gates will be conviscated after your demise,and all knowledge of them will be denied.:-D

Well,Finally managed to sort some pics.I arrived nice and early,only to run in to potential disaster,before i even started.The scrutineers were not happy with the fittment of the rear tyre on the vette.Was ordered to go straight to the tyre area,for a check,and re-fit

100_0555.jpg

After and an hour and a half and with the first cars lining up,i was given the all clear.First run pitted me against a Subaru P1 which i despatched quickly enough.Then i was put up against the TVR Sagaris.....

100_0561.jpg

A close one,but he just edged me over the mile marker.

Then it was up against the big guns and this 600bhp Viper 8.0ltr SRT10....

DSC_1557.jpg

My arse was well and truelly handed to me on a plate after that duel.

The Dagenham dustbin made 191.5mph at the mile marker,i kid you not

IMG_0274.jpg

100_0567.jpg

7.7ltrs of turbo charged Chev in the Granda.

A personnal favourite for me,the 6.9ltr TVR Cerbera,which managed the mile in 25.5secs at 181.9mph.............

100_0559.jpg

The best race marshalls you will find at any one of these events

100_0557.jpg

100_0558.jpg

girlsvett.jpg

vipergirls.jpg

My mate didnt mind having a photo with them either...

2196665970089123511S600x600Q85.jpg

And finally the champion for the second year on the spin.Lucky P in his 650bhp Ultima....

ultima.jpg

FightingTorque2008048.jpg

Funny part of the day,was,when the little blonde second from left,nagged me for a drive in the Vette.So she had a spirited one to say the least.Got the boot,after she was on the verge of throwing up in the passenger seat.Bought her a drink in the beer tent after to make up for it.

100_0557.jpg

100_0558.jpg

Well i think Tony B could drive one of his buses thro those knees.

They look like they come from Catford.One word Mark,Specsavers.

I like to see other peoples hobbies,theres a lot more to us than OD.thanks for pictures,your rents gone up ,no one likes a smart arse.:rofl:

Still recovering from sunday.But what a day,will post some photos later.One thing though.Some of the race marshalls were easy on the eye.Heres a taster. .............................

girlsvett.jpg

Any more of these pictures and Mark will be selling the WLF and starting motorsport :cool2::cool2:

All good clean fun you lucky sod!

I was clocked through a radar beam at 154.9mph in the XKR and Jaguar never did answer my letter of complaint (XKR is supposed to be electronicaly limited to 155mph). I still want my extra 0.1mph!!!

My missus had similar thoughts last October!!!!:)

I'm still here though, annoying her with greasy handprints everywhere (and I do mean everywhere...) :rofl::rofl:

A few more.....The awesome Corvette Z06.This is on my wants list.Fastest tandard production car of the day......

100_0565.jpg

My mate the Apache pilot,as we get ready to battle it out,Britain V U.S.A....

100_0563.jpg

100_0556.jpg

A rather tasty and well travelled Griff.Notice how many kills he has on the top of the wing...

100_0562.jpg

Well i think Tony B could drive one of his buses thro those knees.

They look like they come from Catford.One word Mark,Specsavers.

I like to see other peoples hobbies,theres a lot more to us than OD.thanks for pictures,your rents gone up ,no one likes a smart arse.:rofl:

You B********!!!!!!!!!:argh: I'm going to have to go for a veeeeery long lie down at the thought!:sweat::sweat::sweat:

My mate didnt mind having a photo with them either...

2196665970089123511S600x600Q85.jpg

And finally the champion for the second year on the spin.Lucky P in his 650bhp Ultima....

ultima.jpg

FightingTorque2008048.jpg

Funny part of the day,was,when the little blonde second from left,nagged me for a drive in the Vette.So she had a spirited one to say the least.Got the boot,after she was on the verge of throwing up in the passenger seat.Bought her a drink in the beer tent after to make up for it.

LITTLE:??? short maybe.....but little......I don't think so:cool2:

Your right there!Better in the flesh.Couldnt keep me eyes off them in the beer tent:wow:.Doesnt live that far away either.Just over in Benfleet.

Hope you were wearing eye protection, could have had them poked out by that Essex girl:-D