Jacks Blog 1

Jack

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jack,

The truck looks fantastic , i take my hat off to you it looks like you had alot more work to do than myself, i look forward to seeing her .

I think at the last count there are now 10 or 12 GMC's in the Gloucester , Bristol , and Swindon arear .

Cheers Russ

• 3 weeks later...

evening all.

Just the little bits and pieces to finish off now and this weekend I fitted the new cab rear canvas that I bought from Mick last year 8)

Also had the bonnet art done ( thanks go to my good lady 8) ) and I would like to introduce you all to...The Screaming Meemie

STA42828.jpg

STA42837.jpg

STA42856.jpg

STA42857.jpg

...nearly ready for the Gathering of Eagles!

Cheers

Jack.

Cheers Lloyd.

The reason it is on the washing is because it bloomin well won't fit in the tumble drier :shock:

Bar treads, good point but that would cost a 1/3 of what the GMC cost me in the first place :cry: :cry:

Hi Jack,

Do you want our pioneer tool rack for your GMC? £15 is what I want for it

Mick.

Cheers Mick I have one that came on the truck but what I could do with is the tools that go on it if you have any?

Hi karoshi,

sorry I won't be at overlord. I don't actually have any of my Jimmies anymore but before I sold them I took all the parts I could off of them so now I have a palletful of GMC spares in my shed, there is a new(I think) head in there. I used to have some bar tread tyres and some cloverleafs (poor jack) :lol: but they have been sold off now.

Thanks,

Mick.

• 4 weeks later...

Well done jack, a brilliant job!

I thought i'd add to the roller/brush/spraying debate.

After years of brush painting my landy's(dad's influence, "you can't beat a good hamilton boy!", I decieded to try spray painting. Although I got good result's it was a pain in the ar*e with all the preperation, you have to make sure everything is really well rubbed down otherwise you see every imperfection, the masking up takes age's and spraying on my drive upset's the nieghbour's :shock: .

I decieded to try the roller method, my dad was not impressed, but when do we ever listen to our parent's :) .

I bought my gloss roller from B&Q with 5 spare head's, had the paint mixed at the local paint shop, synthetic satin finish and away I went.

The result-brilliant!, I only needed one coat(sand on blue)and it dried in about 2 hour's. Even my dad said it looked good!.

I am never going to brush paint a landrover again :D