Jacks Blog 1

Jack

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that lovely canvas seems to be keeping the rain off... 8)

Mick

Its doing alright Mick, may give it a coat of water proofer as soon as I can but it is just the look I am wanting to achieve 8)

Hi Jack,

Just thought I,d let you know. I was wondering wether to spray brush or roller my Jeep. Having seen your results I went for the roller and the finish is excellent and a lot easier than spraying.

regards

Centurion

Nice one Centurion 8)

To right, I am so pleased with the result that I have got and for someone like me who can't spray, hasn't the equipment or the facility to spray then this is the perfect solution. It is cheap and very quick and would recommend to anyone 8)

Cheers.

Jack.

When the time is right, I are going to paint my truck and jeep with an air paint spray gun as I have a couple of guns and there is a carport that my truck is parked under that will be easy to hang tarps from and make a paint booth out of.

10-31-05_005.jpg

How do you like all of that sand from sandblasting different projects?

• 2 weeks later...

So, we remember this

P11010008.jpg

But have you seen this? :D :shock:

STA41881.jpg

Bloomin well nearly done :shock: just have to rewire the lights, fit a new exhaust and we are ready for the Gathering of Eagles.

Here is what happened over Easter and it is now parked outside my office, wonderful to drive it again this morning 8) Oddball email over the stencils for me a part from the bonnet star as can't really print that off on the printer :cry: thanks for those Oddball 8)

Home made star 8)

STA41665.jpg

On it goes - very nerve racking time as it is a lot of work if you get it wrong :oops: kiddies said ' Mum, we keeping out of the way, Dad is stressing' :cry: turned out ok, a bit of over spray but I can live with that

STA41681.jpg

Bonnet numbers. Kiddies birth years. Held down the stencils with bungy cord as well which helped to keep the stencil in place.

STA141687.jpg

STA41708.jpg

Tail gate, I have copied the details of a war time GMC apart from the 35 MPH, I didn't want to be over optimistic :wink:

STA41655.jpg

Now time to get out on the road and go for a run, to dry the paint off of course :wink: just love driving this thing.

STA41881.jpg

STA41878.jpg

STA41887.jpg

STA41895.jpg

STA41891.jpg

Just a tip, don't use a cellulose primer on oil based paint :shock: .....it doesn't like :shock: :shock: :oops: :cry:

Very nice, worth all the effort. But why do you have it marked up as an "Obsolete" vehicle?

Thanks Colin.

Just lifted it from the records, not to concerned at this point as to the local connection as I can sort this further down the road, if you excuse the pun.

I have just got to get a new headlamp bowl and rim and a few bits and pieces and then she is done. I have found out the problem with the brakes, looks like the front brake cyclinder is leaking 8) so I am pleased it wasn't to serious.