LEZ hope for some older vehicles

Tony B

Still trying to find a way to be able to turn left in the horsebox. Reading up on the Bazantine LEZ regulations. Certain engines that are pre Euro 1 and Euro 2 unmodified can meet the Euro 3 particulate, the current standard. The engine details can be found at www.tfl.gov.uk/lezlondon . you need to get a VOSA test certificate for the vehicle at a cost of £28, this can be added to standard plate test. This is intend to be the standard till 2012 (Another **** thing the Olympics has caused) I did ring TfL,(I'm a gluuton for punishment) and upset them by asking about a 1942 Bedford QL, let them go through the speil then said 'Ah., it's a petrol engine'.

Still trying to find a way to be able to turn left in the horsebox.

Must be a stuffed steering box. Assuming it's an old TK Bedford, I might just have a good steering box, and I'm sure Catweazle will be along shortly to offer you a good price for fitting it.

You've then just got to work out a route which enables you to do turn right only turns to get to his place (if anyone can do it, you can). He has a nice old Champ for a courtessey car.....

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Put a left hand worm in a right hand box ,l/rover for a trial at weavers down once that was fun.

I won't argue , but you see the people who fill them :shake: And guess who can be held liabel? As usual. Anyway back to topic, a petrol engine vehicles is apparently exempt whatever the age. It's the later MV's that could have trouble. Places like the Gunpowder Mill's may well be in the zone already. It appears to follow county boundaries, haven't been able to get any sense of how the boundary was worked out, but not the M25. Trouble is if you come off the M25 to get fuel etc, your in. The A20 is a particular menace round here. I can get to one fuel station as it is outside the zone. Trouble is because it has a one way slip, to get out, you go into the zone. Then cross the roundabout and out again. Looking at the types and costs of filters, and it seems each vehicle needs a customised fitting plus some units have to be recharged replaced. According to one magazine it may cost £27.50 per litre of fuel burnt!

Yeah except! the B***DY boundary runs along the middle of streets, half way across roads, ANYWAY I am SUPPOSED to live in KENT!:argh: You will note there is a green area outside the boundary at Orpington. That is the problem. Another stupid idea to make money for 2012.

Don't rub it in! :argh:

There is no hope book up for french lessons this winter.then you can be monsewer Tony B.mon brav.

Read French better than speack it. Jersey has it's own Jerriais. best way to describe it, Jerriais is the French as Chaucher's Canterbury Tales are to modern english. Any way it can be quicker to get to france via the Chunnel than to drive across London, cheaper to what with LEZ, Congestion Charging, Parking cost.......... Ca Va Mon V. C'est un bon ami!:-D

(Now all I have to do is teach my fingers to type english)

Bring back the LCC with the old boundaries. It's the only way of stopping the cancer of London from spreading. I recall the GLC trying to pinch ground from Godstone RURAL District Council for goodness sake. The locals almost had bayonets fixed !

Sadly, I think that the M25 will be the next move outwards followed by including Gatwick and Stanstead !

Man the barricades Chaps !

Bring back the LCC with the old boundaries. It's the only way of stopping the cancer of London from spreading. I recall the GLC trying to pinch ground from Godstone RURAL District Council for goodness sake. The locals almost had bayonets fixed !

Sadly, I think that the M25 will be the next move outwards followed by including Gatwick and Stanstead !

Man the barricades Chaps !

Your spot on there.:argh:I will be long gone before it reaches me in the south of France:-D

Your spot on there.:argh:I will be long gone before it reaches me in the south of France:-D

'erm did I mention that I'm already an expat ? It doesn't stop me feeling aggrieved though ! If the bloody Londoners hadn't moved out and pushed the house prices up, I'd still be up on the North Downs !

'erm did I mention that I'm already an expat ? It doesn't stop me feeling aggrieved though ! If the bloody Londoners hadn't moved out and pushed the house prices up, I'd still be up on the North Downs !

Bet you wouldnt come back for all the tea in china as my mum used to say.:-D

Actually supplies of tea is one of the things that I do come back for (mostly Assam though !)

Wot no PG tips .you know we are all guessing where you might be now:-D