WW2/post war vehicle question

No Signals

Is there any record/knowledge of vehicles being transferred between different branches of the Services if some were considered surplus 'here' but of use 'there'? I'm guessing the answer is 'no' but maybe someone else knows different? It is all to do with tracing the history/usage of my MW as I strip the paint off.

My Explorer was originally RAF blue when new, then high vis yellow, then IRR when taken over by REME.

Mike,

I recollect ( way back when ) an Explorer in REME workshops for repairs, with a BT number, having been transfered from RAF to Army at some time, noticeable, by the Eau-de-Nil colour paint work in the cab.

Mike,

I recollect ( way back when ) an Explorer in REME workshops for repairs, with a BT number, having been transfered from RAF to Army at some time, noticeable, by the Eau-de-Nil colour paint work in the cab.

That sounds familiar! There is one with a BT number at thread 73 of the Explorer section.

This is all very interesting/useful background info guys, thanks a lot. It could well point to the vehicle transferring from Army to Raf sometime post war. A lot may well depend upon whether I am able to uncover any more of the front markings as posted in my other thread. Tody's hour and a half patient work with some 800 wet and dry revealed nothing yet!