For those about to drive in France

ferrettkitt

I've just had a quick read through on my IMPS News Letter (http://www.imps.org.uk).

It states:

If your planning on driving in France as from the 1st July you must have with you a high viz vest /red warning failure to carry said items will result in an on the spot fine of 100 euros ouch! Its not clear if thats a fine for each missing item.

That as well as the other items you must carry.

Andy

Actually most of the things you have to carry are commomn sense. First aid Kit, but know how to use it!!!!! Try a St John's Ambulance breath of life course for instance. Warning triangle, Fire Extingusher, I like dry powder, but do remember to check pressure gauge. Hi vi, if the can't see you they have an excuse for hitting you, mind you some to seem use a hi vi as a target marker, and a complete set of light bulbs. A thing on BBC TV last night as well, check what cover your insurance gives you abroad as well, most only give 'Minimum Cover' ie Third party.

We just got back from a weeks camping and touring the pas de calais to find that news in the IMPS newsletter, I checked the AA website before I left and the jacket was optional so didn't go out and buy one. Luckily the only time we broke down was right in the middle of the ferry terminal with vapour lock. At least we provided a source of amusement for all the passing cars... sacre bleu!

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
We just got back from a weeks camping and touring the pas de calais to find that news in the IMPS newsletter, I checked the AA website before I left and the jacket was optional so didn't go out and buy one. Luckily the only time we broke down was right in the middle of the ferry terminal with vapour lock. At least we provided a source of amusement for all the passing cars... sacre bleu!

Sounds like the old champ problem fit electric pump,you can wire it so you can turn it on when you think the underbonet temp will rise,as in queues for ferries.