Reign of Fire! Its a rubbish film anyway

Great War truck

This film is on BBC1 tonight. Basically it is a modern day film where Dragons come back to life and destroy most of the world. For some very strange reason a bunch of US National Guardsmen fly to the UK to take on Dragon Central which is of course in London. The National Guardsmen arrive in the UK, with some Chieftan tanks, Humvee, Stalwarts, a Kraz and some Urals. Makes me wonder if they stopped off at a tank museum on arrival. What does make the film interesting is that Preston Issac, Tim Isaac and Alec Small were in it as drivers/mechanics. Oh yes, Matthew Mcconoughey (whoever he is) was in it as well. Alec worked out that if spoke a certain number of words he got paid extra money, so he rewrote some of the script:

Mcconoughey (under attack by Dragons): "Devide, Get the tank going"

Alec: "It wont start"

Mcconoughey "Whats wrong with it"

Alec "Well i dont really know. It could be the tappets. I mean the British Army couldnt get them to work reliably, and that was when they were new. Here we are 30 years later on in Wales, and there are no spare parts and no trained mechanics - what chance we have got"

McConoughey "Run"

Alec "Aaarrrrrrrgggghhhhh"

Well its a rubbish film, but if you have nothing to watch it is mildly (only ever so slightly, mildly) entertaining. Tim drove the Chieftan. Alec was Chieftan crewman. Preston looked on dissaprovingly as film crew men butchered privately owned MV's. One case in point was i think a Range Rover fire appliance. At the end of the shot the vehicle was totally destroyed (blooming dragons - never work with animals or children). The Director says, "right get it fixed, i want to retake that shot tomorrow. Not a good advert for film companies wnating to hire your MV's.

Tim (too)

Edited by Great War truck

It's not too bad a film really. True it's a bit weak at the beginning and the ends a bit lame, but in the middle there's a lovely scene of that big Kraz thundering down the road.

It's the same Kraz thats often seen in MV magazines and at shows by the way. It used to belong to Hughes Film Hire, it's also been in a few James Bond films.

Richard

If a film can only be saved by it's props, then it is in serious trouble. Dog and breakfast spring to mind. Maybe they should have just shoved one of the Cheiftains up the firey beast's tradesmans. It gives a whole new meaning to Enter The Dragon.

M

Maybe they should have just shoved one of the Cheiftains up the firey beast's tradesmans. It gives a whole new meaning to Enter The Dragon.

M

lol thats sounds incredibly painful although me been an animation and special effects student it gives me an idea lol